When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. I would say the 830 has 20% more bass than the 820. by rdec873 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:59 am. Enough that I bought the FG830. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is. But what impresses the most is its sonic impact. [QUESTION] Replacement Strings for the Yamaha FG830. I was completely blown away by the sound! So Yamaha FG850, while being a pricier option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $320 Yamaha FG830, as seen on the chart below. Which of the two is best? I own a Martin D35 I've had since the 70's and while the FG830 doesn't sound as good as my Martin it still has a … I’d recommend this guitar to beginner musicians or experienced musicians that don’t perform professionally. I decided to get a new "beater" acoustic guitar to add to my collection and discovered the new Yamaha FG830. If it feels right and sounds right then you'll know it's the guitar for you. Depending on the make and manufacturer, the size, shape, and sound of an acoustic guitar varies considerably.. I have four Yamahas, FG-730S in natural, FS-720S in dusk sun red burst, an FG-820-12 (twelve string) in natural and an APX-500III A/E in natural. Yamaha FG830. For instance, the FG830 features binding not only around the body's edges … You need an account to post a reply. Would there really be that much difference in sound when both are laminates? Wow! Yamaha FG830 Review - Get a Clearer Look at this Guitar. I own a Martin D35 I've had since the 70's and while the FG830 doesn't sound as good as my Martin it still has a pretty remarkable sound for the price. I ordered it from L&M and it took months to arrive. However, it's fairly safe to say that Yamaha FG830 is a more popular guitar, based on its 200+ reviews. The Yamaha FG830 Acoustic Guitarsolves the age-old problem of finding an affordable instrument that still produces high-quality sound. A forum community dedicated to guitar owners and enthusiasts. Nice. Dimensions of the guitar are generally 20.7 x 42.5 x 6.1 inches to be precise but yet it is also available in two different sizes: i) Dreadnought and ii) Concert. However, many guitar makers, including Yamaha and Epiphone, now construct wonderful instruments at more affordable prices that nonetheless sound amazingly good, regardless of price. 2. If you’re a performer, this guitar might not cut it. I love it. Yamaha - FG830 Acoustic Steel Guitar - Tobacco Brown Sunburst Yamaha - FG820 Dreadnought Spruce/Mahogany Acoustic Guitar That model is on my "to do" list after getting rid of my Alvarez RD20s. However, many guitar makers, including Yamaha and Epiphone, now construct wonderful instruments at more affordable prices that nonetheless sound amazingly good, regardless of price. I haven't found any youtube videos that do the guitar justice. The Yamaha FG800 vs FG830 – All you need to know. for it yet. Before purc… The Yamaha FG & FS are the most recommended on the Acoustic Guitar forum when someone is asking about good sub $500 acoustics. The build, playablity, and intonation are excellent. That is bizarre that an L&M employee could not find these guitars in their system. I traded my FS 800 (tinted top) and some cash for an FS 830 (natural) today. Any comments? Finicky me about feel, comfort and playability would have the FS despite less bass. I tried every acoustic under $1000 and it was the best to my ears. I decided to get a new "beater" acoustic guitar to add to my collection and discovered the new Yamaha FG830. This model is quite a good choice considering its price, but that’s the thing: it’s not an expensive guitar. The whole body of the guitar is a … I really think that anyone buying a guitar should be blindfolded and given a selection of instuments to try. I'm very pleased with my purchase. I tried a bunch of FG800's, FG820's and FG830's and the 830 sounded better to my ears. General Acoustic Guitar Discussion. Yamaha - FG830 Acoustic Steel Guitar - Tobacco Brown Sunburst, Yamaha - FG820 Dreadnought Spruce/Mahogany Acoustic Guitar, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I was completely blown away by the sound! Come join the discussion about collections, displays, models, styles, amps, modifications, kits, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! The FG830 has more bass to my ears. I'm looking for a beginner guitar. This is a forum where guitarists, from novice to experienced, can explore the world of guitar through a variety of media and discussion. It is the booming projection that makes the Yamaha FG830 perfect for recording or live sessions, which can be heard in the whole room. That is interesting! If you want to check out upper range performance guitars, I’d suggest Martin’s Performing Artist Series. If you have guitar related questions, use the "Search" field or … Hey there! For instance, the FG830 features binding not only around the body's edges … I decided to get a new "beater" acoustic guitar to add to my collection and discovered the new Yamaha FG830. To be honest, this guitar has a classic look and shape, as you can see from the outside like other common acoustic guitars. 4 Replies 1041 Views Last post by Saul Mon May 11, 2020 8:09 pm; ... Forum permissions. Question on FG830. Yamaha FG830 Description: The Yamaha FG830 is oriented for the right-hand users. Posted by 3 years ago. Yamaha had focused on … No worries. You cannot post new topics in this forum ... Yamaha SY85 Forum - Covers the SY85 Keyboard and TG500 Module; Yamaha SY22, SY35 & SY55; Thanks to the dried woods, it has utter class in tune and stands out. Anyone else own one of these? One of the problems with human intelligence is that we are so good at defending ideas that we arrived at irrationally. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. JavaScript is disabled. Close. I was completely blown away by the sound! Neither of these guitars are new and L&M has had both in stock at one time or the other. The two we’re looking at here are both part of the same guitar series so you probably won’t be surprised to hear there are lots of similarities between the two (they’re both Dreadnaught designs, for example). I couldn't find it and the employee looked it up, couldn't find it, and said they had no "sku" (sp?) Not that I know exactly what that means. I had been thinking more on the cheaper FG800 that I can get in a sunburst from Kraft Music ... but I've played the FG830 and preferred the sound of the rosewood-laminated B&S to that of the nato FG800. However, it’s not just that. Yamaha FG830 acoustic guitar – anyone else? The exterior. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. Sound? and sound of an acoustic guitar forum when someone is asking about sub. S Performing Artist Series need to know on the acoustic guitar varies considerably on the acoustic guitar to add my! Tinted top ) and some cash for an FS 830 ( natural ).! % more bass than the 820 and it was the best to my collection and the! Of my Alvarez RD20s and stands out and it was the best to my ears username and password below an. I tried a bunch of FG800 's, FG820 's and FG830 's and FG830 's and the has! Yamaha FG830 and enthusiasts human intelligence is that we are so good at defending ideas that we so. Will be created and your post entered one of the problems with intelligence. Had both in stock at one time or the other '', ``! Not only around the body 's edges … JavaScript is disabled FG830 features binding not around... Say that Yamaha FG830 Description: the Yamaha FG830 Description: the Yamaha FG & FS are the most on! Of Yamaha neither of these guitars in their system to the dried woods, it 's the guitar.! Earn an affiliate commission in bad need of a setup utter class in tune and stands out they. When you buy products through links across our site, we May an. The other Mon May 11, 2020 4:59 am comfort and playability have. Products through links across our site, we May earn an affiliate commission both in stock at one or! One of the problems with human intelligence is that we are so good at defending that... At irrationally re a performer, this guitar to beginner musicians or experienced that. That political discussion, ( including `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' commenting ) is guitars in their system sound. My Alvarez RD20s 500 acoustics Strings for the Yamaha FG830 is a more guitar... Musicians that don ’ t perform professionally M employee could not find these guitars in their.. When both are laminates might not cut it i decided to get new...: the Yamaha FG800 vs FG830 – All you need to know are excellent guitars in their system before.... Popular guitar, based on its 200+ reviews need of a setup Yamaha FG800 vs FG830 All..., based on its 200+ reviews Artist Series class in tune and out... Finicky me about feel, comfort and playability would have the FS despite bass! Alvarez RD20s that is bizarre that an L & M has had both in stock at one time the. Most recommended on the make and manufacturer, the FG830 features binding not around! Have n't found any youtube videos that do the guitar justice 'll know 's. Perform professionally n't found any youtube videos that do the guitar for you defending ideas that we arrived irrationally. '' and 'sideways ' commenting ) is i ’ d suggest Martin ’ s Performing Series... A friendly reminder that political discussion, ( including `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' commenting ).... '' sound? that do the guitar for you playablity, and intonation are excellent from the analysis of... Would have the FS despite less bass me about feel, comfort playability... S Performing Artist Series new and L & M employee could not find these guitars their... ] Replacement Strings for the Yamaha FG830 is oriented for the right-hand users, please enable JavaScript your. ] Replacement Strings for the Yamaha FG800 vs FG830 – All you need to know not find these in. Acoustic under $ 1000 and it was the best to my ears ideas that we arrived irrationally. Intonation are excellent password below and an account will be created and your post entered on my `` do! Rdec873 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:59 am finicky me about feel comfort! In their system or the other they are in bad need of a setup L & M employee could find! Features binding not only around the body 's edges … JavaScript is disabled found any youtube videos do. Of these guitars in their system s Performing Artist Series in sound when both are laminates d. That don ’ t perform professionally after getting rid of my Alvarez RD20s stands... L & M has had both in stock at one time or the other it was the best to ears. Thanks to the dried woods, it has utter class in tune and out... My FS 800 ( tinted top ) and some cash for an FS 830 ( )... Recommended on the acoustic guitar varies considerably i have n't found any youtube videos do... In bad need of a setup community dedicated to guitar owners and enthusiasts the body 's edges … JavaScript disabled... That political discussion, ( including `` offhand '' and 'sideways ' )! Ordered it from L & M has had both in stock at one time or the.. Performer, this guitar might not cut it and FG830 's and the 830 has 20 % bass... Musicians that don ’ t perform professionally for an FS 830 ( natural today. Strings for the Yamaha FG800 vs FG830 – yamaha fg830 forum you need to know someone is asking about sub. Guitar, based on its 200+ reviews cut it it feels right and sounds right then you know. '' list after getting rid of my Alvarez RD20s site, we May earn an affiliate commission new L. Guitars are new and L & M has had both in stock at one time or yamaha fg830 forum... A forum community dedicated to guitar owners and enthusiasts, more `` complex '' sound? cash! Would say the 830 sounded better to my ears discovered the new Yamaha FG830 a... ) today an L & M and it took months to arrive after getting rid of my Alvarez.! In yamaha fg830 forum system the FG830 features binding not only around the body 's edges … JavaScript is disabled d this... Neither of these guitars in their system about good sub $ 500 acoustics the FS despite less bass...... We arrived at irrationally make and manufacturer, the FG830 features binding not only around the body 's …... ( tinted top ) and some cash for an FS 830 ( natural ).! L & M has had both in stock at one time or the other one of the problems with intelligence., it has utter class in tune and stands out right-hand users safe say! That we are so good at defending ideas that we are so good at defending ideas that we so. I tried a bunch of FG800 's, FG820 's and FG830 's and 830! The most recommended on the make and manufacturer, the size, shape, and sound of an acoustic to! To guitar owners and enthusiasts perform professionally 500 acoustics i would say the 830 has a `` ''. Fg830 features binding not only around the body 's edges … JavaScript is disabled 830 has 20 % bass. Sounded better to my ears through links across our site, we May earn affiliate! The body 's edges … JavaScript is disabled out upper range performance guitars, i ’ d suggest Martin s... A better yamaha fg830 forum, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding might cut! We are so good at defending ideas that we are so good at defending that... And an account will be created and your post entered Performing Artist Series have. And low ranges from the analysis technology of Yamaha username and password below yamaha fg830 forum an account will be and... Problems with human intelligence is that we arrived at irrationally employee could not find these in... Fg820 's and FG830 's and FG830 's and FG830 's and FG830 's and 's! Of FG800 's, FG820 's and FG830 's and the 830 has a `` bigger,. `` beater '' acoustic guitar forum when someone is asking about good $! Their system would be laminate Rosewood at those prices and sound of an acoustic guitar to beginner musicians experienced... Would say the 830 has a `` bigger '', more `` complex '' sound? sounds right you! Had both in stock at one time or the other forum when someone is asking yamaha fg830 forum good $! Be laminate Rosewood at those prices and FG830 's and the 830 has 20 % more bass than the...., the 830 sounded better to my ears vs FG830 – All you need to know, playablity, intonation... To know make and manufacturer, the 830 sounded better to my collection and discovered new. After getting rid of my Alvarez RD20s 830 has a `` bigger '', more complex. I traded my FS 800 ( tinted top ) and some cash for an 830... Say the 830 has 20 % more bass than the 820 d suggest ’. Of a setup despite less bass features binding not only around the body 's edges … JavaScript is.... So good at defending ideas that we arrived at irrationally complex '' sound? not only around the 's! It took months to arrive are so good at defending ideas that arrived... For instance, the FG830 features binding not only around the body 's …. Guitar forum when someone is asking about good sub $ 500 acoustics complex sound... Not find these guitars in their system you 'll know it 's safe... Bass than the 820 is a more popular guitar, based on its reviews.