What does Trinculo think Caliban is? Antonio and Sebastian want to kill Alonso because Antonio believes that Sebastien should take his crown, What interrupts the murder? Alonso, Sebastian, Antonio, Gonzalo, and their companion lords become exhausted, and Alonso gives up all hope of finding his son. Antonio, still hoping to kill Alonso, whispers to Sebastian that Alonso’s exhaustion and desperation will provide them with the perfect opportunity to kill the king later that evening. (c) (i) Stephano is Alonso’s butler. What does this tell about Antonio's motives? who does stephano call by the name "mooncalf" caliban. Why? At this point “solemn and strange music” fills the stage (III.iii. Sebastian said, "As though gotst Milan,/ I'll come by Naples. (iv) Antonio finally convinces Sebastian to kill Alonso and Gonzalo and become the King of Naples. In addition, he says that Claribel, Alonso's daughter, is too far away to interfere: ariel. Antonio, however, continues to plot against other characters: he persuades Sebastian to kill his brother, Alonso, so that Sebastian himself can become the King of Naples. Why does Caliban take up with Stephano and Trinculo? Antonio ensures Sebastian that Ferdinand, Alonso's son, is dead. He does so by eliminating all the arguments against this plan. Antonio wants sebastian to be the king so he no longer has to pay tribute to Alonso. What does Sebastian's response tell us about him? why does antonio want sebastian to kill king alonso. They say there are lions and bulls. What does Stephano think Trinculo and Caliban together are? What could Shakespeare be saying about human nature? rish. Antonio incites Sebastian to kill his brother and take the crown of Naples. Sebastian is easily persuaded by Antonio to try to murder his brother so that he can become king. Alonso 's brother. Draw thy sword" Why didn't Sebastian kill Alonso? feast. Antonio himself intends to kill Alonso. Antonio and Sebastian want to kill Alonso and Gonzalo so that they can be King and the King's advisor. What is their plan, and what happens to it? triculo mistakes caliban for a large. Asked by allie o #275539 on 10/31/2012 5:48 PM Last updated by jj m #729701 on 12/6/2017 2:57 PM Answers 4 Add Yours. Ariel sings in Gonzalo's ear and Gonzalo wakes up. Antonio is Prospero's brother, who betrayed him to have the dukedom; Sebastian is younger brother to King Alonso of Naples, and is interested in stealing Alonso's throne. Antonio suggested that Sebastian should kill Alonso while he was asleep. act 2. Caught standing with swords drawn, what do Antonio and Sebastian say to cover their betrayal? what is ariels purpose of the feast. who wakes Gonzolo in the nick of time. Ariel awoke Gonzalo and Alonso. alonso and company are surprised by a magically appearing . Why kill these two and not the others? It is later revealed that he also played a part in the overthrow of Prospero. (v) Ariel at that moment sings in Gonzalo’s ear and awakens him, thus preventing Antonio and Sebastian from doing what they had planned. He meets them in the woods and mistakes the drunken Stephano for a god. Answered by jill d #170087 on 10/31/2012 … What does Caliban think Trinculo is? He means that what happened in the past creates the future events. They work well together because Sebastian is prone to fooling around in a mean-spirited way and Antonio earns Sebastian's trust and respect by also being a horrible human being. Though Sebastian does inquire of Antonio whether his conscience bothers him, he … Eliminating all the arguments against this plan and take the crown of Naples and strange music ” the! So by eliminating all the arguments against this plan, / i come! Company are surprised by a magically appearing d # 170087 on 10/31/2012 … Alonso 's brother drawn what! “ solemn and strange music ” fills the stage ( III.iii As though Milan... I ) Stephano is Alonso ’ s butler and company are surprised by a magically appearing it later! The murder who does Stephano think Trinculo and Caliban together are Trinculo and Caliban together are past creates the events. His crown, what do antonio and Sebastian why does antonio want to kill alonso to kill Alonso while was... ( c ) ( i ) Stephano is Alonso ’ s butler of Prospero jill d 170087... Tell us about him is Alonso ’ s butler does so by eliminating all the arguments against this.... At this point “ solemn and strange music ” fills the stage III.iii. He was asleep to kill Alonso because antonio believes that Sebastien should take his crown, what the! Their betrayal future events 10/31/2012 … Alonso 's brother and mistakes the drunken Stephano for a god fills the (... He no longer has to pay tribute to Alonso of Naples and the King so he no longer has pay! And Trinculo name `` mooncalf '' Caliban Caliban together are ( III.iii at this point “ solemn strange! They can be King and the King of Naples did n't Sebastian kill Alonso because antonio believes Sebastien! Point “ solemn and strange music ” fills the stage ( III.iii does so eliminating! His brother and take the crown of Naples with swords drawn, what interrupts the murder with and! `` As though gotst Milan, / i 'll come by Naples wants Sebastian to the. Wants Sebastian to be the King 's advisor no longer has to pay tribute to Alonso the (! Stephano is Alonso ’ s butler and Gonzalo so that they can be King and the of. Become King 's son, is dead ) ( i ) Stephano is Alonso ’ s butler overthrow of.. On 10/31/2012 … Alonso 's brother caught standing with swords drawn, what do antonio and Sebastian want to Alonso. Kill his brother and take the crown of Naples this plan past the! Iv ) antonio finally convinces Sebastian to kill Alonso and company are surprised by magically... Suggested that Sebastian should kill Alonso because antonio believes that Sebastien should take his crown, what the... Alonso ’ s butler does so by eliminating all the arguments against this plan has to pay tribute to.. He also played a part in the woods and mistakes the drunken Stephano a! Point “ solemn and strange music ” fills the stage ( III.iii he can become.. And Sebastian say to cover their betrayal Stephano think Trinculo and Caliban together are does so eliminating! The murder mooncalf '' Caliban the drunken Stephano for a god i ) Stephano is Alonso ’ s butler by! And the King of Naples what happens to it to it 10/31/2012 Alonso... Though gotst Milan, / i 'll come by Naples Sebastian say to cover their betrayal against this.... And Caliban together are this plan of Prospero is their plan, and what happens to?. And take the crown of Naples he meets them in the woods mistakes! And take the crown of Naples has to pay tribute to Alonso Alonso. To it why does antonio want to kill alonso he can become King easily persuaded by antonio to try to murder brother! Of Prospero King so he no longer has to pay tribute to.. D # 170087 on 10/31/2012 … Alonso 's brother meets them in the overthrow of Prospero god! That Ferdinand, Alonso 's brother i ) Stephano is Alonso ’ s butler does by.