French lyrics and English translation are below. Most people think the French Canadian song, “Alouette” is very mean, once they learn what it means in English. Lyrics for the classic French lullaby about an oversleeping monk. song translation in English - French Reverso dictionary, see also 'folk song',love song',pop song',bird song', examples, definition, conjugation The words "le tete"(the head) were the only ones I knew in English. Over 100,000 French translations of English words and phrases. La Marseillaise is the French national anthem, and it has a long history that speaks to the history of France itself.In both French and English, the song is a powerful and patriotic anthem known throughout the world. French Translation of “song” | The official Collins English-French Dictionary online. The song was released in 1960 and remains Edith Piaf’s most famous song after La Vie en Rose. Since childhood I've loved this little song; it sounds so cheerful! I thought Alouette must be the name of a person, and a "jaunty" one at that. I asked Monique Palomares in France about it. The English translation of the French lyrics of "Alouette" is one of them. It sounds like it’s about someone taunting a bird… “Lark, nice lark… I’ll pluck out your feathers… I’ll pluck your eyes.. I’ll pluck your wings…” It sounds really cruel. "Frere Jacques" lyrics and translations from the original French into English, German, and more! Commonly used to teach melody and how to sing a round, this popular nursery rhyme has been translated into numerous languages over the centuries. Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien (No Regrets) is a famous Edith Piaf song that was featured in the movie Inception as the song that triggered the heroes to exit a dream. Kellogg’s have livened up their latest advert with a classic French song that you’re bound to recognise.