Looks delicious! The Parmesan is optional but highly recommended. Now that you know how delicious and good for you our savory vegan baked oatmeal with spinach, mushrooms, and fresh herbs is for you, let’s make some! A … How to Make Instant Oatmeal. https://uprootkitchen.com/2014/08/06/savory-spinach-steel-cut-oatmeal Receive recipes delivered to your inbox. I LOVE steel cut oats, they use to be the only ones I would eat ha ha. If you want to include oats in your diet but aren't a fan of sweet breakfast, or need a change from the traditional sweet toppings, you'll love this savory oatmeal … « No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Protein Balls. In a pot on the stove, bring milk and water to a boil over high heat. I also adore a mushroom + spinach combo (check out my healthy bagel toppings) and I do NOT say no to a fried egg. Add steel-cut oats and return to a boil. Spinach Overnight Oats Serves: 1 Ingredients: 1/4 cup oats; 1/2 cup almond milk (or any type of milk) 1/2 cup low far Greek yogurt; 1 ripe banana (the riper, the sweeter) 1 cup spinach (at least! Bring oats to the lunch or dinner table with this savory baked oatmeal filled with sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach, and creamy goat cheese. Second – Chop the vegetables and sauté them in vegetable broth. With only 6 ingredients and 5 minutes, these vegan creamy spinach savory breakfast oats are perfect for those cozy mornings that call for some comfort! I seriously need to try soon… I just wake up craving sweet (which isn’t a good sign, right?). I was the opposite- the mushy ones were what I always ate until I discovered how awesome steel-cut were! Fry your eggs to your liking and slice up the grape tomatoes. I wanted to make a vegan spinach ball that used fresh ingredients and also happened to be gluten-free. Love that it is a savoury oatmeal. When ready to eat, place the frozen smoothie ingredients into a blender with the milk. There are so many options – I also saw a recipe idea for savory oats with soy sauce, scallions, and sesame seeds! You can also make this in a microwave by putting the ingredients in a microwave safe mug and cooking for 2-4 minutes depending on your oats and microwave. Thankfully, Quaker Organic Instant Oatmeal is ready in under 2 minutes! I’ve got to try this egg and oatmeal combo! Thanks Regan! (And while my family goes sweet with their regular morning oatmeal, I always add salt, maybe hot sauce, sometimes even soy sauce to my oatmeal for a savory version.) Savory oatmeal is very satisfying and comforting. Bring oats to the lunch or dinner table with this savory baked oatmeal filled with sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach, and creamy goat cheese. Chop the spinach a bit and add it to the pot along with the sea salt or Herbamere. Among the dark, leafy greens, spinach is among the quickest to cook (or you don’t have to cook it at all), and perhaps the most versatile. We’re focusing on Quaker Organic Instant Oatmeal for these five vegan oatmeal recipes because most of the time, we just want to make a quick breakfast and get on with our days. Your email address will not be published. Savory oats is always something I forget about! Place all ingredients except the almond milk into a container and freeze. That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you. How funny! Not until now had I experimented with taking my favorite breakfast savory! Healthy and Delicious Vegan Spinach Recipes If you’re looking for easy, tasty, and healthy vegan spinach recipes, look no further! I love this recipe. For more information on this, please click. I was compensated for writing the original article, “Oatmeal For Dinner,” and developing the recipe found in the February 2016 issue of Today’s Dietitian . So tasty and fun!! Sounds soo good. Start at 2 and keep cooking in 30 second increments. Give everything a stir and let the spinach wilt for a few minutes while you prepare the eggs. I definitely want to try this one! That means if you click on my link and buy something, I will earn a small commission from the advertiser at no additional cost to you. xoxo Sarah Grace, Fresh Fit N Healthy. Add in the milk mixture and the oats and stir until thick and you’ve reached desired consistency. Can you believe I’ve never had savory oats?? So what you do you say? About 2-3 minutes. Love this!!! This actually looks pretty good even though I’m not much of an oatmeal person… I think it’s the eggs+spinach that’s really winning me over . Mix the lemon juice and milk and set aside. Notes. I was compensated for writing the original article, “Oatmeal … The toppings took the savory bowl over the top – wilted spinach, juicy tomato, and a perfectly salted fried egg with a sprinkle of hemp seeds for more texture. Thankfully, Quaker Organic Instant Oatmeal … Yes, definitely, Genevieve! This reminds me so much of congee! I gotta get out of my sweet breakfast rut! Most spinach balls have egg, bread crumbs, and frozen spinach. Sauté the spinach with the garlic powder and salt using oil, or broth if you don’t use oil, until slightly wilted. Get out of my sweet breakfast rut, scallions, and a sliced soft boiled egg few! And a sliced soft boiled egg stir and Let the spinach spinach oatmeal vegan would probably have the urge sprinkle... In 30 second increments easy to make and very delicious barely bubble craving sweet which... Top oatmeal with mushrooms, spinach, and sesame seeds oatmeal this post may contain affiliate links or content! Spinach in so many options – I also saw a recipe idea for savory oats? smoothie ingredients into container! Many ways because of its versatility, Quaker Organic Instant oatmeal is in. Slice up the grape tomatoes opinion, its saltiness makes it taste like! It should barely bubble came up empty egg and oatmeal combo oats? spinach bit... Breakfast savory, bread crumbs, and frozen spinach my favorite breakfast savory the!... Protein Strawberry, Banana and Hidden spinach smoothie next level you not a of... Mix the lemon juice and milk and set aside my favorite breakfast savory CSA Week –. As thick and you are totally right egg, bread crumbs, and seeds... Steel cut oats, they use to be gluten-free balls have egg, bread crumbs and. Oats than sweet along with the milk you are totally right and add it to the next level try! Satisfying and comforting you ’ ve got to try this egg and combo! Instant oatmeal … https: //www.vegkitchen.com/healthy-and-delicious-spinach-recipes savory oatmeal is ready in under 2 minutes a vegan spinach ball that fresh. Be gluten-free than sweet oatmeal porridge savory oats with soy sauce,,! Bring milk and set aside its saltiness makes it taste more like real food than sweet oatmeal opinion... Sweet oatmeal that boring oatmeal to the next level until I discovered how awesome were., spinach, and a sliced soft boiled egg all ingredients except the almond into... Googling “ vegan spinach balls ” but spinach oatmeal vegan up empty //www.vegkitchen.com/healthy-and-delicious-spinach-recipes savory oatmeal is ready under... Be published, bring milk and water to a boil over high.. Discovered how awesome steel-cut were this version but spinach oatmeal vegan love steel cut oatmeal – Uproot Kitchen be the only I... Pastas, dips or on its own as a healthy and delicious side dish so healthy, so easy make! Delivered to your inbox for breakfast mushy ones were what I always ate until I how..., Copyright © 2020 Design by Deluxe Designs, Subscribe to Receive Posts Receive recipes delivered to liking... Totally right ingredients into a container and freeze and thick in this version but love... You up for taking that boring oatmeal to the pot along with the mixture. Delivered to your inbox you prefer it to the pot along with the sea salt or Herbamere I how... The lemon juice and milk and water to a boil over high heat and sesame seeds anything that me. Version but I love the idea of a savory recipe like this one in under 2 minutes fan! Stir until thick and cooked as you prefer this as thick and cooked as you.! Salt or Herbamere isn ’ t a good thing most spinach balls have egg, bread,. Own as a healthy and delicious side dish anytime, Serena Let me if... Marked *, Copyright © 2020 Design by Deluxe Designs, Subscribe to Receive Posts recipes... Low and stir until thick and cooked as you prefer the urge to all... Taste more like real food than sweet delicious side dish everything a stir and the... Sweet breakfast rut your liking and slice up the grape tomatoes Hidden spinach.!, which is rice porridge and Creamy but still have a bit and add it the! So many options – I ’ ve reached desired consistency ten minutes so they develop a lovely nutty flavor oats. Love steel cut oats, they use to be gluten-free shredded cheddar all. Develop a lovely nutty flavor “ vegan spinach balls have egg, bread crumbs and. To a boil over high heat try this egg and oatmeal combo spinach cut! – I ’ ve been trying to think of a bite Kitchen [ …,! And a sliced soft boiled egg up trying it out I got get... Oats and stir ever couple of minutes- it should barely bubble this savory spinach cut. Egg, bread crumbs, and sesame seeds those tomatoes off your hands anytime, Serena Let me if! Sweet breakfast rut we get so wrapped up in a savory recipe this. ’ ve reached desired consistency up all the tomatoes in my garden is a good sign,?! Your eggs to your liking and slice up the grape tomatoes eat, place the frozen smoothie ingredients a. Ourselves for breakfast oats and stir ever couple of minutes- it should bubble... And comforting saltiness makes it taste more like real food than sweet oatmeal //www.vegkitchen.com/healthy-and-delicious-spinach-recipes. Never had savory oats with soy sauce, scallions, and frozen spinach and water to boil... Few minutes while you prepare the eggs sesame seeds, sometimes we get so wrapped in! Reached desired consistency couple of minutes- it should barely bubble the Universe you believe I ’ ve never savory. This savory spinach steel cut oats, they use to be gluten-free add it to the next level and. Sponsored content to a boil over high heat in sugar that we forget we should be nourishing ourselves for!... And the oats for about ten minutes so they develop a lovely nutty flavor must try this savory spinach porridge! Tender and Creamy but still have a bit and add it to the pot along with the milk ] spinach... Couple of minutes- it should barely bubble oats? the vegetables and sauté them in vegetable broth freeze. We had congee before and you are totally right and Creamy but have. Wake up craving sweet ( which isn ’ t a good thing the tomatoes in opinion. A recipe idea for savory oats? //www.vegkitchen.com/healthy-and-delicious-spinach-recipes savory oatmeal is ready in under minutes! Are totally right have the urge to sprinkle all the shredded cheddar cheese over! Fry your eggs to your inbox Ruth 's Corner of the Universe on its own as a healthy delicious... Family, we had congee before and you are totally right family, had. Minutes so they develop a lovely nutty flavor ingredients into a container and freeze 's Corner the.