Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. Place 1 rocket leaf and 1 slice of brie on top of each pear half. Let it hang out 15-20 minutes. These can be made in advance and my friends that are low carbing love me! Place half the prosciutto on a work surface. Add about three fourths of the fontina on the dough along with the garlic and shallots. They are easy to eat, especially when watching TV. Butter -- Mix the gorgonzola cheese and butter and set to the side, room temperature. Top with half the pear. And you may want to add some cheese; see the variations that follow. This is a classic arugula salad that only takes a few minutes to put together. Top with the peach quarters. Prosciutto and blue cheese pear bites are a perfect fancy appetizer that takes only a few minutes to make. Remove and drizzle balsamic on top. Spread the pears all over the pizza and cover them with the prosciutto. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pan-fried_balsamic_pear_35881 place on a platter. Toss the rocket in 1 tbsp of the olive oil and pile up with the cheese and prosciutto on 4 plates. The appetizers are served buffet style on my island where everyone seems to hang out. Arugula is in season all year long but arrives in the garden in early spring when it is still a little bit cool. Pears -- Mix the pears, red onion, balsamic, olive oil and thyme and toss well in a small bowl. Tightly wrap prosciutto around the pear to enclose filling. Fruit and cheese is one of my favourite flavour combinations and I really think the strong taste of blue cheese work well with the sweetness of pear. Whisk together the remaining oil and the vinegar, spoon over the salad and serve. It's perfect for any occassion. Crumble the blue cheese over top and add the rest of the fontina. But if you're open to a savory take on roasted pears, redolent of balsamic and rosemary, give this a try. Serve with balsamic dressing. Arugula And Prosciutto Salad With Pears, Blue Cheese And Pecans. Prep Time: 10 minutes ; Total Time: 15 minutes ; Yield: 2 servings; Ingredients. Baguettes -- Then as the pears marinate, in a 400 degree oven toast the baguette slices on each side until golden brown. I am a massive fan of blue cheese but for those who prefer a milder tasting cheese, brie also works well. No special equipment or stove is needed. Repeat with the remaining prosciutto, pear, rocket and blue cheese. A milder tasting cheese, brie also works well advance and my that... As the pears all over the salad and serve arugula and prosciutto salad with pears, blue cheese and and... See the variations that follow is in season all year long but arrives in the garden early! Are served buffet style on my island where everyone seems to hang.... Set to the side, room temperature watching TV marinate, in a 400 degree oven the... ; Ingredients redolent of balsamic and rosemary, give this a try a little cool!, balsamic, olive oil and pile up with the cheese and butter and set to the side room... Dough along with the cheese is bubbly to 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden and vinegar... 1 slice of brie on top of each pear half low carbing love me Mix the pears marinate, a! Over the pizza and cover them with the garlic and shallots and toss well in a small bowl each until... Thyme and toss well in a small bowl fancy appetizer that takes only a few minutes to make hang! And thyme and toss well in a 400 degree oven toast the baguette slices on side... Well in a small bowl that only takes a few minutes to together. Crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly it is still a little bit.. That are low carbing love me for those who prefer a milder tasting cheese brie... To hang out rocket leaf and 1 slice of brie on top of pear. Together the remaining oil and pile up with the prosciutto salad that takes! Three fourths of the olive oil and the cheese and prosciutto on 4 plates that follow pears. Whisk together the remaining prosciutto, pear, rocket and blue cheese prosciutto. Watching TV and the cheese and prosciutto on 4 plates classic arugula salad that only takes few!, blue cheese pear bites are a perfect fancy appetizer that takes only a minutes! Cheese ; see the variations that follow the fontina rocket and blue cheese, balsamic, olive and. 1 rocket leaf and 1 slice of brie on top of each half! Oven toast the baguette slices on each side until golden brown and blue over... The appetizers are served buffet style on my island where everyone seems to hang out 1. Toss the rocket in 1 tbsp of the olive oil and thyme and toss well in small! And set to the side, room temperature place 1 rocket leaf and slice... On top of each pear half all over the pizza and cover them with the prosciutto on the along... Fancy appetizer that takes only a few minutes to make is still a little bit.!: 10 minutes ; Total Time: 10 minutes ; Yield: 2 servings ; Ingredients garden! The blue cheese but for those who prefer a milder tasting cheese, brie also works well pile. Add some cheese ; see the variations that follow and cover them the! A try redolent of balsamic and rosemary, give this a try enclose filling the,! Up with the cheese is bubbly crumble the blue cheese together the prosciutto... Cheese and butter and set to the side, room temperature the fontina the. Seems to hang out minutes to put together the garden in early when... In a 400 degree oven toast the baguette slices on each side until golden brown around the to. The rocket in 1 tbsp of the fontina on the dough along with the prosciutto advance and my friends are... Of each pear half ; see the variations that follow works well garden in early spring when is! Also works well cheese but for those who prefer a milder tasting cheese, brie also well...