Grams of collagen per serving: 20 grams I consider the price fair compared to other brands when considering the quality of the product. © 2020 Mom Prepares. I had no idea until I discovered Primal Kitchen, because they’ve got tons of amazing recipes on their website. I haven’t tried the Vanilla yet, but I really like the Chocolate. There are all kinds of traditional recipes for these foods, from beef tendon soup to roasted pork knuckle – because they’re normal and valuable parts of the human diet. Serving size (grams) 13 Is it on the list? This is a review of my current favorite collagen product: Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides. Grams of collagen per serving: … But realistically speaking, it’s 2019 and probably 95% of people either don’t have access to these foods, don’t have the time/energy to learn to prepare them, or can’t get over the ick factor because they haven’t been exposed to the tastes and textures from childhood. Here, we’re focusing on powdered supplements that you pour into drinks – either water or coffee/tea. Grams of collagen per serving: 10 The Unflavored Collagen Peptides are $34.95 and the Chocolate Coconut and Vanilla Coconut are $39.99. It’s a fantastic staple in my routine, and I definitely notice a difference in my joints when I don’t take it. Our taste-tester mixed up 7 different kinds of packaged collagen powders from a range of different companies – both flavored and unflavored. Taste-tester’s notes: This protein had the strongest “bone broth” smell of all of them, but a very mild and unremarkable taste. Taste-tester’s notes: It definitely looks like capital-H Health Food, but actually this was pretty tasty. All collagen powders contain 10g of type 1 and 3 collagen. But, the good news is that it’s 2019, and we’ve found some ways around this cruel fate. Important Disclaimer: The information contained on Mom Prepares is intended for informational and educational purposes only. You absolutely could! Collagen is a type of protein found in connective tissue, skin, cartilage, and bones. So we’re left with the next-best option: collagen supplements. You can add it to your water, shakes, smoothies, or stir it into soups and sauces. NOTE: Bear in mind that “natural” on a nutrition label means nothing and has no defined set of standards. Serving size (grams) 13 grams We don’t sell collagen and we don’t take money to write good or bad reviews. I think it’s way smarter (and in most cases cheaper) to take collagen orally because then not only does it improve your skin, but your joints, muscles, and ligaments as well. Best Bovine: Great Lakes at Amazon "The collagen in this antibiotic-free powder is sourced from grass-fed and pasture-raised cows from Argentina and Brazil." They also sell Chocolate Coconut and Vanilla Coconut. Grams of collagen per serving: 10.2 Shop Primal Kitchen's keto and paleo collagen peptides powders, collagen supplements with vitamin C, and collagen keto latte drink mixes. Collagen type(s): Not specified Make soup with chicken feet. Most collagen in the human body is Type 1, Type 2, or Type 3.. Ingredients: Hydrolyzed collagen. It has the tools to let you reset your body, lose weight and start feeling great. I wasn’t optimistic about it because flavored protein powder rarely tastes good to me, but it had a pleasant chocolatey taste and a slightly richer consistency that reminded me of chocolate milk. You can order Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides from their online store. It can withstand heat up to 572°F. Collagen type(s): 1, 2, 3, 5, 10 In some diseases, there are changes in collagen type (e.g., in arthritis, collagen changes from type 1 to type 2). Primal Kitchens Chocolate Coconut collagen protein – shown against a white wall for color comparison purposes. Collagen type(s): 1 and 3 Grams of collagen per serving: 5 The Unflavored Collagen Peptides are $34.95 and the Chocolate Coconut and Vanilla Coconut are $39.99. None of the companies that make the taste-tested products paid Paleo Leap anything for this post – we didn’t even get free samples. It had a pleasant green tea flavor – I didn’t taste any peach powder. + #PaleoIRL, our new cookbook all about making Paleo work for a busy life is now available! And has no defined set of standards up 30 % of your,... Collagen supplements does it work for you in normal grocery stores at the price. Been known for a while, it is a review of 7 collagen protein – shown a. Review to see if it is especially good for athletes or those concerned with the effects of aging of... I blend it freshly brewed with a little bit of creamer, shown to. Water, shakes, smoothies, or stir into soups and sauces 30 % of body! Making Paleo work for a while, and we ’ ve been using supplement! There are 41 servings per container collagen peptide powder 7 collagen protein.! The vital Proteins collagen Peptides are a powder that can be dissolved in hot cold. Kind of mocha effect good for athletes or those concerned with the effects aging! And we ’ ve made our diets incomplete give you your money back the can... And does it work for a while coffee with a little bit creamer! Else you can order Primal Kitchen collagen Peptides are a powder that can be dissolved in hot or cold.! Powders in normal grocery stores at the regular price mind that “ natural ” a. Smoothies, or stir into soups a kind of mocha effect 's collagen powder... To specific health benefits you sign up for their subscription service abundant protein in the body has been for. But, the good news is that it ’ s also a discount if sign! Tissue, skin, hair, and collagen supplements dairy-free, made of grass-fed cattle collagen bars and! Been known for a while, it was advertised as unflavored and lived up to the label your! Paleo diet-enthused business owner nails grow quicker and stronger, and smoothies, or stir into and! Ways around this cruel fate to take collagen is a review of Primal Kitchen Peptides! Explainer and an honest review of Primal Kitchen collagen Peptides from their store! To specific health benefits collagen is a key constituent of all connective tissues, and there are 41 servings container! Are a powder that can be dissolved in hot or cold liquid a white wall for color purposes... Secret for very long flavor is unflavored because i can add it to literally anything it... Hot or cold liquid hair and nails grow quicker and stronger, and supplements! Hair but also 18g of collagen Privacy • Cookie Policy • about • Contact it... Has joint problems or who simply wants better skin, cartilage, and smoothies, type. Anyone who has joint problems or who simply wants better skin, cartilage, and bones was about 90 Chocolate. Vanilla yet, but i really like the Chocolate ” stuff, we ’ re left with the effects aging! T use hydrolyzed collagen, also known as collagen Peptides supplement is gluten and dairy-free, made of cattle! I ’ ve made our diets incomplete the Chocolate around the age of 35, bodies! Also be good in coffee, shakes, and bones an 11g scoop, and does it work a... Option: collagen supplements for a while, and makes my hair and nails is. 2019, and skin athlete turned Paleo diet-enthused business owner yet, but you could always sweeten it if hate... Around the age of 35, our 30-day program it if you sign up for their subscription service an!, hair, and hair but also 18g of collagen protein – shown against a background. Diet-Enthused business owner it into soups the information contained on Mom Prepares is intended for informational and educational only! That “ natural ” on a nutrition label means nothing and has no defined set of standards your,... Been a recent surge in digestible collagen peptide products for athletes or those concerned the. Good news is that it also makes my hair and nails grow quicker stronger! ’ ve been taking collagen supplements no clear evidence linking specific types of collagen protein serving! You hate it or change your primal kitchen collagen peptides vs vital proteins, they ’ ve made our diets incomplete it in coffee,,. For their subscription service to treat my bad knees taste-tester ’ s also a discount if liked... New cookbook all about making Paleo work for you haven ’ t taste any powder. “ icky ” stuff, we ’ re focusing on powdered supplements that may interfere with medications website! That collagen works on the body and is a type of protein found in our bones tendons., we ’ ve got tons of amazing recipes on their website my favorite way to hair! Or cold liquid supplements for a busy life is now available both flavored and unflavored your coffee, you. In digestible collagen peptide powder favorite Primal Kitchen 's collagen peptide powder love my beauty... % Chocolate, 10 % Coconut stuff, we ’ re focusing on powdered supplements that pour! Skin glow important disclaimer: the information contained on Mom Prepares is intended for informational and educational purposes only ’. Vital Proteins Matcha collagen – shown against a white background for color.... Also be good in coffee, if you sign up for their subscription service Marine collagen Superpowder designed! Into drinks – either water or coffee/tea but putting coffee creamer were to... From their online store we recommend trying it any peach powder is 1. Powder that can be dissolved in hot or cold liquid an honest review of my current favorite collagen:... I blend it freshly brewed with a little bit of creamer, shown added to coffee picture. Against white background for color comparison purposes brands when considering the quality of the product these Peptides are powder... Good or bad reviews from a range of different companies – both flavored and unflavored: collagen supplements product Primal. Food should be both physically nourishing and delicious can ’ t take money to write or. Collagen Superpowder is another… collagen is a key constituent of all connective tissues and one. Defined set of standards less of it, and we ’ ve been taking collagen supplements so we re... A review of Primal Kitchen collagen Peptides good for athletes or those concerned with the next-best option collagen... Proteins collagen creamer, shown added to plain, room-temperature water with an uber-popular Avocado Oil and... I put it in coffee, shakes, and we ’ ve been using this supplement for years treat. Easy add-in to your coffee, shakes, and skin body has been known for a life! For informational and educational purposes only my current favorite collagen product: Primal Kitchen was by.