Hoya 'Kerrii' This variety of Hoya hails from Southeast Asia and is commonly known as the Sweetheart plant due to its heart-shaped leaves. These semi-rare reverse variegated Hoya Kerri have been a very popular item for us. Regarding Hoya Kerrii: It sounds as if you may have a leaf cutting of kerrii ( just leaf with a small portion of leaf stem). Hoya davidcummingii: Not 100% sure on the ID of this one, so if you disagree do let me know! Well you're in luck, because here they come. Matured plants show inflorescences of 5 cm diameter and up to 25 flowers. 2 comments. Growth rate: This is a Hoya that needs a lot of space, but it grows relatively slowly so this is normally not a problem. with its lovely porcelain-like flowers has fleshy wax-covered leaves, which is why it is also called wax flower or wax plant. It has further, melodious names such as Heart Plant, Little Darling, its botanical name – Hoya kerrii – or often waxflower. H. kerrii: Easy to care for. Two weeks ago I bought my hoya kerri and today I saw black spots on the leaves and like a white ash. Hello, I have seen that you have answered questions from this plant. Just some tips if your plant pulls through or for when you get another. Give it lots of sun. The most common hoya kerrii material is cotton. The hoya rope plant (Hoya spp.) H. kerrii wants bright, indirect light. Hoya kerrii 'Reverse Variegata'. It is a climbing plant that can grow up to four meters high. Well you're in luck, because here they come. Hi, I am just wondering if my hoya kerrii is sick. The Hoya kerrii is a cool-looking houseplant due to its heart-shaped leaves and low maintenance requirements.The heart leaves on this species of Hoya are the reason why this plant has common names such as sweetheart plant, lucky-heart plant, and love heart plant.Leaf cuttings growing in small pots are popular gifts on Valentine’s Day to symbolize love and devotion. These insects can be sprayed off of the plant with a gentle stream from a hose, or if you prefer, insecticidal soap or spray can take care of … i've actually tried it a couple times with different types. These hardy survivors are mostly immune to insects, which will, for the most part, just be a minor nuisance. As a houseplant, it is popular in Asia and Europe, making a regular appearance in garden centers and stores around Valentine’s Day each year. Wax Plant (Hoya kerrii) is an ornamental flowering houseplant. Scientific Name. Log in or sign up to leave a comment log in sign up. Aphids, mealybugs, spider mites, and ants can all be attracted to the Hoya plant because of the sweet smelling nectar. Could you help me identify the problem? Suppose the first signs of an infestation do occur; they do happen sometimes. Hoya Kerrii Varieties. only one, the basic carnosa, actually did form roots. These will ship with 1-3 leaves per plant and be lightly rooted. Scientific Classification. Especially on Valentine’s Day, the Sweetheart Hoya is at least as suitable as the classic red rose (pink). Time: ending soonest; Time: newly listed; Price + postage: lowest first; Price + postage: highest first; Lowest price; Highest price; Distance: nearest first Common problems encountered when growing hoyas include; Leaf-drop, blackening of leaves and dieback of stems: may be due to poorly-drained or water-logged compost or being too cool during the winter. You can find at least 1 that catches your fancy because the foliage comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors & textures. Th Mike Hoya Plant Varieties. It has heart-shaped leaves are 6 cm wide, 5 mm thick. share. These guys are hard to find, too, at least in a mature plant form. I just purchased this hoya 3 days ago. H. kerrii has firm, thick heart-shaped leaves. Common Problems Experienced with Hoya Plants. Its eponymous collector is Arthur Francis George Kerr, British physician and botanist.. As the thick leaves are heart-shaped, the plant is sometimes named "lucky-heart". These where growing up, so … Hoya Kerrii [HOY-a, KER-ee-eye] is a tropical succulent vine from the family Apocynaceae that includes Adenium obesum (Desert rose), Mandevilla, and Periwinkles.. Its distinctive heart shape, single leaf makes it one of the most sought after houseplants. The most common hoya kerrii material is cotton. It used to be a pretty baby before but somehow since last month its heart-shaped leaves started to wrinkle up, and after a week or two, the leaves began to fall apart At first when I found the wrinkled leaves, I suspected that it might be a pest or disease problem. In the case of most Hoya, they inhabit tropical regions and generally enjoy relatively warm, humid conditions. Notice: This plant has a 3 month rolling limit of 1 per person. If you think you have a plant shopping addiction, I hope this videos makes you feel better. You guessed it: green. These are rooted pieces, not simply a leaf. Hoya Kerrii: Origin And Characteristics.