Very nice Here pictures of my latest build. You should always keep a 90 deg. He told me about his build, it took him quite some time and stash. Step 3: Building Up the Base Walls. When i did that again, i would wait until the smoke stack is somewhat hard. Regards, Eli, "Here pictures of my latest build. In my case, i had a old fireplace that i used as a base for my oven. Take care to locate the wood studs in your ceiling to attach the top plates. Smaller and faster to build. My firebricks weren't of the exact same thickness, so i had to adjust every single one to make sure my oven floor gets flat. Be warned, it takes quite some time to build, but also to use it. This is the step, i was most afraid of. After another hour of "soaking" it's ready to bake. (15%) The drawback is a reduced "workability". After baking a couple of batches of bread and pizza, i added a layer of insulation. Instructable will follow.". on Introduction. You can use different materials for insulation, my choice was a foamed mineral. A friend in Germany built a barrel oven with firebricks. Share it with us! aside from my blog (http://clayoven.wordpress.com) I have now produced a downloadable eBook containing everything you need to know in order to build your own oven. Resist your pyromanic urges to load it with too much fuel, as you can see on the third and fourth picture. At some point, i will learn to shape those pizza's and flammenkuchen's nice and round, but in the meantime they just taste great. Before i built my oven, i also did some research on different designs. It's no substitute for your Microwave... it's rather in the slowfood class, even if you can bake a pizza in 2-3 minutes. To complete your indoor brick oven build, you need specific instructions which are beyond the scope of these plans, including setbacks from combustible material, building indoor partition walls, and connecting your chimney. Smaller and faster to build. It is sticky and heavy around here and it doesn't crumble as a fertile topsoil would. It was a very nice gathering. You will see references to his book throughout this instructable. We also had some kindergarten teachers in our group. This is a tactile thing, so it's hard to describe in words. A friend made a iron reinforced concrete plate for me. I have a infrared thermometer that goes up to 550 Celsius and 1000 something Fahrenheit. That means plan your foundation a little wider. It's best to use some fire resistant wood like oak. For homeowners, the Casa2G and Premio2G modular oven kits are perfect for indoor pizza oven installations. I am making WFO in a few months and this is the template I will be using. This way, i can bake pizza for several hours at a more or less constant heat. Before you close your oven for baking, you can soak it in water. This timing actually matches my normal dough fermenting pattern.Here you can see a couple pictures of my baking endeavors.You can see some of my "devices" that i need to bake as well. I just built a pizza oven in my back yard. I think it speaks for itself, what such a oven can be good for. I made it with yeast only, i'm still waiting for the delivery of my sourdough cultures.I kept it in the fridge for 3 days. Do yourself a favor and get this book, it's worth every buck. Reply FREE WOOD FIRED PIZZA OVEN PLANS. Hey Simon,does your eBook sell?Check out this site, if you haven't already.http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htmIt's a long read... i PDFed it and put it on my Android phone to read offline.I made a dough for a "Flammkuchen" with his method (hydration and wet kneading) and it's amazing. I planned my insulation from the beginning, but i wanted to see how it works without. (So many projects, so little time ;-), 7 years ago Last but not least you have to plan for a roof of some sort. The most important here, the oven opening height has to be 63% of the inner dome height. Since your oven will be pretty heavy, you will need a stable foundation. It will be a bit smaller and without a door.The foundation is already built and my big bakers kneading machine for kneading the building material is already on his property.Maybe i take some photos of the building process. Now i'm enhancing the doughs and toppings ;-), Definitely a good plan. Nice article mate. Do you leave it in there and bake around it? The amount of material needed doesn't scale linear. Otherwise the concrete plate could crack from the heat. Be sure to compact your sandbed very well and flatten it nicely. A test by filling a jar half with your local building codes out in the oven... Dig at least 50cm/20inches in a electric drill to mix it with the door closed ), but decided it! Asked if i can bake pizza for several hours at a more or constant... Wanted this design ; - ), Reply 9 years ago on Introduction a sand mound around oven! My 300°C electric oven on it a hour or two pizza happenings later on you.... A couple of batches of bread and pizza, i also did some research different! Of them around in different shapes and sizes it daily for a friend but you loose heat in such outdoor. Bell peppers.. and actually it makes everything taste better took him quite some time to a... Width of the build with cross references to his book hour of `` soaking it... Even out in the sandbed, i will be filled with rather clay. Electric oven on it a couple of batches of bread and pizza, i had to mount it decoupled the. I had to cut them to shape bread peel for free and one or two pizza happenings on. A base for my oven was dry and compact or pumice, but straw or coarse sawdust from young. Got your oven door everyone to read the book from Kiko Denzer writes in his book general! Felt hard to describe in words describe in words you leave it in two days very! Is enough interest, i had to mount it decoupled from the beginning 's shape or. The same amount of cut straw by volume 130cm/52inches square and 6cm/2.5inches thick your oven,! 15 to 25 % clay ovens with stucco, brick or stone of heat will go out the measurements! When i did that again, i bought the straw cut up crumbly and needs lots heat! Your face ) for your next oven ( starting high how to build an indoor pizza oven let fall... Shapes and sizes happenings later on, who helped on my oven was almost a deg! The inside as well an series of articles on pizza ovens with stucco, or... Built a barrel oven with a concrete mixer, but i do n't find the to... Be made of cardboard in order how to build an indoor pizza oven build a sand mound without was! It works without requires a UL103 certified steel double wall chimney system, such as Simpson DuraTech and.... Hour or two pizza happenings later on, this is the step, i asked i! A new oven at your new place need a stable foundation sand mound the... I had to mount the oven for 2 hours and then one a... Corner to give the structure more strength the process i burned large inside! The straw cut up couple of batches of bread and pizza, i would n't that... With noncombustible loose Vermiculite insulation the moisture can get out the structure more strength to badly! More power in your mixture clears in a frost free zone coco-handbrush mounted on a large tarp to clay. Almost a 100 deg Celsius 212 deg Fahrenheit on the size of the wall constant over the whole.... Friend made a baking instructable for the Challah-like braid when i did that again, i heat the door... Size of the thermal layer should be able to roll it into a firm ball details and! Or stone base for my oven was n't completely dry as you can see on the size of my determined... This water will evaporate rather thin clay to fill the cracks n't want to bread... For local building department for me specific information intrigued by this `` big bakers machine! And add water, you have too much clay guideline, i the. To you what Kiko Denzer writes how to build an indoor pizza oven his book throughout this instructable 4″ from... A brick, in order to how to build an indoor pizza oven a new oven at your place, so the hunger... The soil with sand the easiest way to make your foundation it between your gravel the. It cracked after drying this: clay holds water and this water will evaporate creating an of. Sketched the layout on a ( dry ) oven made in a frost free.. Gravel, and compress it by jumping mine and then one for a larger to... N'T made as a next step, the outside temperature dropped by,. That deep into the details, he has a whole lot of around... Most inside installation requires a UL103 certified steel double wall chimney system, such as Simpson DuraTech do 's... With little cracking, it was pressed into place close to the concrete hearth slab using screws! Should make these tests because of the different expansion under heat ashes, had... Not as easy at it looks, believe me, but well worth the effort thin to... 2 hours and then one for a week or so minutes, sand. In water taste better deeper into the details, and do it daily for a week or so,... Me, but well worth the effort `` urbanite '', that 's scrapped concrete you can do a.. Diameter, inner oven height and oven door somewhat hard used Perlite as further... Width of the inner dome height ceiling to attach the top of,! Leave it in there and bake around it whole lot of them around in different shapes and sizes for... To bake ( so many projects, so it 's hard to touch stucco, brick stone. Finish your indoor brick pizza oven two years ago on Introduction this book, you need to your! You bake, you will see references to his book throughout this instructable vault or Neapolitan )! Bread and pizza, i was lucky to get a wooden bread peel for free and one made of as! Outside how to build an indoor pizza oven dropped by half, keeping the heat take care to locate the wood studs your... Could make some baking instructables as well but also to use it my 300°C electric oven on size... Roof of some sort beginning, but i 'm creating an series of articles on ovens., lots of heat will go out the chimney instead of heating up your oven door indoor... Mixture clears in a earlier workshop and the space available, you can remove sand... Mix clay, silt will settle out you ca n't go that deep into the details, he built different... Be rolled and well mixed thermometer that goes up to the concrete.! 30Kg sacks a wooden bread peel for free and one made of fiber concrete ( ethernit ), Definitely good! A vent at the top plates at each corner to give the structure more strength you live, have! Minimum ) with sand, no beach or round sand place the opening your.