Translations in context of "favor" in English-Hebrew from Reverso Context: do me a favor, i need a favor, return the favor, do yourself a favor, favor to ask The word 'grace' literally means 'favour' In Hebrew it is CHEN from a root word CHANAN - to bend or stoop in kindness to another as a superior to an inferior (Strongs 2603) In Greek it is CHARIS and has the idea of graciousness in manner or action (Strongs 5485) it comes from a root word … person מִחַן (K § K:46,3 a) Daniel 4:24 (compare Biblical Hebrew . Genesis 6:8 NASB Favor – It comes as no surprise that the Hebrew noun translated “favor” is hen. Hithpa. This is a through word study which includes every verse that contains a translation of the Hebrew word חֵן 'chen' meaning 'grace or favour' in the Old Testament. Po`. To obtain a true understanding of this word … Proverbs 14:21). It depends how you use the word: Favor, as in a request: bakashah (בקשה) Favor, as in finding favor in someone's eyes: khen (חן) In the phrase, "do me a favor" it is is tovah טובה [חֲנַן] verb shew favour (see Biblical Hebrew); — Pa`el Infinitive with aff. Hebrew words for favored include לָשֵׂאת פָּנִים, לָחוֹן, לִתְמוֹך בְּ-, לְצַדֵד and לְהָפלוֹת לְטוֹבָה. implore favour (of God; so Biblical Hebrew … You don’t … Find more Hebrew words at wordhippo.com! But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. The word favor in the Hebrew, however, is the word ken which has multiple meanings that include favor, consideration, pity, mercy and something else that I think fits the context much better, trust. Usually understood as grace, the word is crucial for recognizing …