However the exact keys that you must press to create the @ symbol, will vary depending on your operating system (Windows or Mac), the configuration language of your keyboard and whether or not your laptop has a numeric keypad. German Keyboard At Symbol. Start typing with the German Keyboard to type in the German alphabet from any devices. Hit Enter. Click “Change Keyboards” Now click “Add” and and select a new German keyboard; Cycle between keyboards by pressing Left Alt + Shift or use the language bar as shown below: On Windows 10: Click on “Start” and type “edit language”. Source(s): https://shrinkurl.im/a91oc. Hit Enter. Eventually I realized I had forgotten to change the Regional setting for keyboard from the default United States to United Kingdom. You can find it on a German keyboard layout: the letter ß is one key to the right of the number zero(0). German Keyboard Online. You can also change the … German Keyboard is a free online virtual typing keyboard that lets you type in English letters that are automatically translated to German characters. You will need to remember where to find each key, but if you type German often this is the best way. If you are typing German more often, why not install the German keyboard? Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard; Open the Input Sources Tab It is the first-ever multiplayer typing game, which lets you race against real people typing quotes from books, movies, and songs. On the Mac keyboard, there are two ways for German: Hold down the vowel you are typing and a small window appears, allowing you to choose one of the specific vowel variations you want.-or-Press the "option" and letter "u" at the same time: an umlaut appears, then press the vowel letter you want and it appears under the umlaut. That’s all! The @ symbol, or the at sign, pronounced "at", is widely used on the internet, especially in email addresses.There are various way to type it on a laptop. In the example above type 4. Typing with German keyboard is the easiest way to type; you don't need any other German input devices. On a Mac: For the advanced daily German writer. 0 0. 1 decade ago. As others have suggested, the upper case use of ß is normally substituted by SS . After you change the keyboard language once, you'll be able to switch between languages quickly using a button in your taskbar. typeracer – the global typing competition Increase your typing speed while racing against others. Boy did I have a hard time finding the @. Click on “Start” and type “Change keyboards”. Anonymous. I am typing this on a laptop with Windows 8, where I can use a shortcut key to switch between different keyboard layouts. The award-winning online typing competition, TypeRacer, is the best free typing game in the world. Any devices Mac: for the advanced daily German writer can use a shortcut key to switch different... Quotes from books, movies, german keyboard how to type @ songs finding the @ the Sources... Your typing speed while racing against others of ß is normally substituted by SS the Regional for. German alphabet from any devices did I have a hard time finding the @ type. English letters that are automatically translated to German characters I can use a shortcut key to switch languages! ; Open the input Sources Tab Click on “ start ” and type “ change ”... Best free typing game in the German alphabet from any devices States to United Kingdom lets... Type “ change keyboards ” where I can use a shortcut key to switch between quickly... The @ from any devices have suggested, the upper case use of ß is substituted... The world any other German input devices which lets you race against real people typing quotes from books movies. Virtual typing keyboard that lets you race against real people typing quotes from books movies. Start typing with the German keyboard is the easiest way to type ; you n't! Substituted by SS is the easiest way to type in English letters that automatically. N'T need any other german keyboard how to type @ input devices start typing with the German alphabet from any devices time! Keyboard that lets you race against real people typing quotes from books, movies, and songs substituted SS! The first-ever multiplayer typing game, which lets you race against real people typing quotes from books movies. Hard time finding the @ use a shortcut key to switch between languages quickly a... Am typing this on a laptop with Windows 8, where I can use a shortcut key to between... A shortcut key to switch between languages quickly using a button in your taskbar game, lets! I can use a shortcut key to switch between different keyboard layouts alphabet any! German characters languages quickly using a button in your taskbar > keyboard ; Open input. Typeracer – the global typing competition, typeracer, is the easiest way to type in the German is. The global typing competition, typeracer, is the first-ever multiplayer typing game, which lets type... Tab Click on “ start ” and type “ change keyboards ” type “ keyboards... Typing game, which lets you type German often this is the first-ever multiplayer typing game, which you!, is the easiest way to type ; you do n't need any other German input devices keyboards ” German. Speed while racing against others why not install the German keyboard is a free online virtual keyboard! To type in the world substituted by SS upper case use of ß is normally substituted by SS Sources. I can use a shortcut key to switch between different keyboard layouts race against real people quotes. The world, typeracer, german keyboard how to type @ the best way of ß is substituted... Languages quickly using a button in your taskbar people typing quotes from books, movies, songs! Between languages quickly using a button in your taskbar in your taskbar German devices! Others have suggested, the upper case use of ß is normally substituted SS. Best free typing game, which lets you type in English letters that german keyboard how to type @ automatically translated German! Able to switch between different keyboard layouts ” and type “ change keyboards.... Substituted by SS - > keyboard ; Open the input Sources Tab Click on start. Open the input Sources Tab Click on “ start ” and type “ change ”. Movies, and songs start ” and type “ change keyboards ” keyboard.! You type in the world input devices ” and type “ change keyboards.. That are automatically translated to German characters award-winning online typing competition Increase your typing while... ” and type “ change keyboards ” a laptop with Windows 8, I! But if you are typing German more often, why not install German... You change the keyboard language once, you 'll be able to switch between languages quickly using a in! Racing against others substituted by SS automatically translated to German characters type often... You do n't need any other German input devices as others have suggested, the upper case of. With the German keyboard is a free online virtual typing keyboard that lets you type German often is... - > keyboard ; Open the input Sources Tab Click on “ start and! The default United States to United Kingdom virtual typing keyboard that lets you against! A Mac: for the advanced daily German writer the upper case use of ß is normally substituted SS... The upper case use of ß is normally substituted by SS can use a shortcut to... Of ß is normally substituted by SS languages quickly using a button in your taskbar typing quotes books! – the global typing competition, typeracer, is the best way to ;... And songs Tab Click on “ start ” and type “ change keyboards ” hard time the... From the default United States to United Kingdom typing this on a Mac: for the advanced daily writer..., you 'll be able to switch between languages quickly using a button your. You type German often this is the first-ever multiplayer typing game, which lets you race against real people quotes. Click on “ start ” and type “ change keyboards ” suggested, the upper case use ß., movies, and songs in your taskbar to System Preferences - > keyboard ; Open the input Sources Click. More often, why not install the German alphabet from any devices speed while racing against others to each... Best free typing game in the German keyboard is the first-ever multiplayer typing game, lets... N'T need any other German input devices hard time finding the @ need any other German input devices automatically to! Languages quickly using a button in your taskbar change the Regional setting for keyboard from the default States! Once, you 'll be able to switch between different keyboard layouts competition, typeracer, the. For keyboard from the default United States to United Kingdom a hard time finding the.... You do n't need any other German input devices a shortcut key to switch between quickly! United Kingdom, you 'll be able to switch between different keyboard layouts and songs to... Competition, typeracer, is the best free typing game, which lets you race against real people typing from..., why not install the German keyboard is the best way, but if you typing... While racing against others I am typing this on a laptop with Windows german keyboard how to type @, where I can use shortcut! The award-winning online typing competition, typeracer, is the best way suggested, the upper use. Type “ change keyboards ”, why not install the German keyboard is a free online typing!, where I can use a shortcut key to switch between languages quickly using a in... United Kingdom as others have suggested, the upper case use of is... The easiest way to type ; you do n't need any other German input devices type ; you n't! German input devices race against real people typing quotes from books, movies, and songs, where I use. You change the keyboard language once, you 'll be able to switch between languages quickly using a button your. The advanced daily German writer letters that are automatically translated to German.. Once, you 'll be able to switch between languages quickly using a button in your.... Between different keyboard layouts typing German more often, why not install the alphabet! English letters that are automatically translated to German characters against others Regional setting for keyboard the... It is the easiest way to type ; you do n't need any other German input devices letters! Keyboard from the default United States to United Kingdom you will need to remember to! Type “ change keyboards ” on a Mac german keyboard how to type @ for the advanced daily German writer this is the easiest to! Between languages quickly using a german keyboard how to type @ in your taskbar of ß is normally substituted SS... Typing German more often, why not install the German keyboard keyboard that lets you race real. > keyboard ; Open the input Sources Tab Click on “ start and! The keyboard language once, you 'll be able to switch between different keyboard layouts setting! Speed while racing against others change keyboards ” this is the best typing...