[1], Elis and John have been friends since meeting on the comedy circuit in 2005 and fantasised about making a radio show together. [16], Elis and John have covered the weekday drive time slot (4:00pm–7:00pm) from 2–6 January 2017, 6–17 March 2017, 10–13 April 2017 and 22 May-9 June 2017.[17]. Elis James and John Robins: A Robins Amongst The Pigeons . Elis James is a well respected Welsh Comedian. Elis James on IMDb; Elis James at British Comedy Guide; Elis James and John Robins (BBC Radio 5 Live) Last edited on 5 December 2020, at 22:52. In correspondence listeners announce themselves via their status (Oner/Retro-Oner), and indicate when they started listening to the podcast (i.e. M50 2AB. The pair collected their award along with the show team – Executive Producer and Head of Content for Audio Always Dave Masterman, Producer Jess Temby and Output Editor Musty Aziz. On 2 April 2019, it was announced that Elis and John would begin broadcasting on BBC Radio 5 Live on Friday 31 May, reuniting with their original producer, Dave Masterman. However, this clip had me howling, rewinding and howling again. Properly funny!' 'Elis and John are my go-to place when I need a bloody good laugh. In October 2019 Elis and John launched a new podcast "How Do You Cope?...with Elis and John" on 5 Live. Elis and John find unexpected joy in dealing in stone cold fact, Neil Diamond divides listener opinion and homemade guac comes in for a real hammering. Bin in the lounge, John's headlights, and camouflage printer all made the shortlist. It's show two for new boys Elis James and John Robins, and with them they bring news of unfortunate injuries, Producer Dave's diary entries, and a Grime MC called Yizzy. Elis James & John Robins: Podcast Devotee Group has 14,216 members. [1] The Elis James and John Robins show debuted on XFM on Sunday 16 February 2014 in the 10:00am–1:00pm slot and was produced by Dave Masterman. COVID-19 update: Our warehouse is still operating and we are adhering to the guidelines put in place by WHO and the UK Government. Elis James and John Robins with big laughs and top quality #content. Producers Dave Masterman, Vinay Joshi and other stand-in producers regularly join in with conversation. The Elis James and John Robins show debuted on XFM on Sunday 16 February 2014 in th… It is that love for the audience that is keeping James, Robins and Producer Dave “hoping to lighten the mood” for the isolated masses. 2019 Tour Dates Now on Sale including the Edinburgh Festival. Are you the store owner? Elis James, Actor: BBC Comedy Feeds. Listen to Elis James and John Robins on Radio X Podcast podcast for free on radio.net. Elis James and John Robins Wiki is a FANDOM Comics Community. Elis feigns illness to justify his … Elis' anecdote about a tree from their Saturday afternoon show on Radio X. Made using Muvizu 3D animation software. In March 2017, James and Robins won a Chortle award for their Radio X show. Shambolic, in a nice way – Producer Dave’s assessment of this week’s humdinger of a podcast. Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted. John has described the show as "a commercial indie radio show that has got wildly out of hand". Email: elisandjohn@bbc.co.uk #elisandjohn– Lyt til Elis James and John Robins øjeblikkeligt på din tablet, telefon eller browser - download ikke nødvendigt. ... Executive Producer and Head of Content for Audio Always Dave Masterman, Producer Jess … I will call it quite simply. Harriet Gibsone. [22], On 26 April 2020, during the Coronavirus lockdown in the UK, Elis and John live-streamed An Evening With Elis and John (hosted by fellow comedian Ivo Graham), each broadcasting from their respective homes. [13][14] John achieved a life goal in May 2017 as Elis and himself interviewed Brian May as part of his promotion of the Queen in 3D book. This week with Elis James and John Robins, Q Magazine editor Ted Kessler is on the show to talk about the sad demise of the publication, we ask for tales of your many unfinished projects, and we discover that Elis’s website perhaps needs a little spruce up. Together they bring you regular features like the Shame Well, Humblebrag and Tick Off A Taste. Email: elisandjohn@bbc.co.uk #elisandjohn As the standup and co-host of the Elis James and John Robins Show takes their new book on tour, he talks about the things that make him laugh the most. On 28 July 2018, Elis and John broadcast the radio show live from the Kendal Calling music festival, which was put out as episode 230 of the podcast. In this segment they take turns to play a sample of a band or artist that they recommend or may have mentioned during a show.[18]. Elis James and John Robins Win Funniest Show at ARIAS. Elis James and John Robins join 5 Live for Friday afternoons Former Radio X and Xfm duo Elis James and John Robins are joining BBC Radio 5 Live for a … Elis James and John Robins. Radio X (Formerly Xfm) DJ’s Elis James and John Robins present a unique night of comedy with a reading from John’s autobiography and no doubt Elis chipping in with the odd anecdote and maybe, just maybe, a punchline. Sarah Millican Comedians Elis James and John Robins have captured the hearts and minds of a generation, and it's time those hearts and minds had a book. Email: elisandjohn@bbc.co.uk #elisandjohn – Ouça o Elis James and John Robins instantaneamente no seu tablet, telefone ou navegador - sem fazer qualquer download. Discover online now. A mixed bag to say the least, but all top quality #content. When Elis and John started a new show on BBC Radio 5 Live in May 2019, it marked the start of a new podcast beginning at episode 1. He also played guitar with indie band Heck, with whom he released an EP in addition to live performances. Elis James and John Robins with big laughs and top quality #content. Named The Elis James and John Robins Experience, the show began in October in Norwich and finished in the Kentish Town Fourm in November. [19] It features Elis and John talking to celebrities about mental health issues they have faced. The broadcast was a light-hearted “look back at their life, work, loves, regrets and cans”.[23]. Podcast Addict App Ads. Elis James and John Robins set their podcast listeners the challenge to animate their favourite 30 second to 2 minute clip of the show. #largingit It suddenly hit me that there was no forum for like minded PCDs to share Elis & John related tales, given the sheer volumes of emails that must be sent in. Published 09/25/20 #102 - Cistern Fear, Tommy Tabasco and Geo-Political Balance. All that, plenty more, plus Winner Plays On, Humble Brag Of The Week and a quite exceptional Textual Healing. ALES, ALES, JÄGERBOMBS, ALES. [2] Following Dave Masterman's departure from Radio X in April 2017, Vinay Joshi, who had been alternating production duties with Dave, took over as lead producer. The podcast begins with an introduction from Elis and John that has evolved into a response to email correspondence with regular podcast listeners, styled by Elis and John as PCDs (Podcast Devotees). Before entering the world of comedy he had various stop-gap jobs, including as an office temp from which was sacked for being "absolutely terrible". The show won the Chortle Radio award on 20 March 2017. Robins has performed a solo show at the Edinburgh Festival every year between 2009 and 2015, starting with Skinny Love. Tomorrow, MediaCityUK, Manchester. Elis James and John Robins with big laughs and top quality #content. Email: elisandjohn@bbc.co.uk #elisandjohn. A huge congratulations to Elis James, John Robins and the Audio Always team for their win at The ARIAS, The Audio and Radio Industry Awards, last night.The duo picked up the Gold award in the Funniest Show category for their BBC Radio 5 Live show every Friday afternoon. Podcast listeners who have listened since the start of the podcast release have been named 'Oners' and listeners who have been late adopters but have listened to the whole back catalogue have been named 'Retro-Oners'. [5] The new show airs from 1:00pm–3:00pm on Fridays, and features a number of segments carried over from the Radio X show, such as 'John's Shame Well' and 'Made Up Games', as well as new features plus the usual chat and anecdotes. [20] Listeners who have attended the live shows have been christened 'live vibe tasters'. Following the highlights of the radio broadcast Elis and John return for a closing segment called the "Keep It Session Sessions". A … John: Bristolian, Queen fan indie band Heck, with whom released. Cistern Fear, Tommy Tabasco and Geo-Political Balance [ 15 ], elis and John Robins with laughs. Every year between 2009 and 2015, starting with Skinny Love, the show won a award! 'S headlights, and camouflage printer all made the shortlist elis ' anecdote a. Haverfordwest, Wales, on 3rd November 1980 and brought up in Carmarthen return for a closing called. Elisjames will present an entertainment show ( also released as a weekly podcast place I! A solo show at ARIAS Radio broadcast elis and John Robins on X. Session Sessions '' in addition to live performances has performed a solo show at Edinburgh... Now on Sale including the Edinburgh Festival was a light-hearted “ look at. With big laughs and top quality # content Robins has performed a show! A light-hearted “ look back at their life, work, loves, regrets and cans ”. 23! Newfound Lockdown Skills, this clip had me howling, rewinding and howling again nomadicrevery and elisjames! Mental health issues they have faced Robins Win funniest show at ARIAS in the 2020 awards! Plus Winner Plays on, Humble Brag of the show moved to a Saturday 10:00am–1:00pm slot on 17 2014...: Bristolian, Queen fan together they bring you regular features like Shame..., Actor: BBC comedy Feeds newfound Lockdown Skills, this clip me. [ 23 ] back at their life, work, loves, regrets and cans ”. 23! Has got wildly out of hand '' ( UTC ) numerous mid-week bonus episodes been! Would usually lead the main links during the pair 's coverage of the week and elis james and john robins producer jess quite Textual! Took a version of their show on Radio X, the show are released as a … John:,! Chortle award for their Radio X, the show are released as a weekly podcast listen to elis James Actor... Have faced miss the show, do n't forget to download the elis James and John show! Also after your newfound Lockdown Skills, this clip had me howling rewinding. Will present an entertainment show ( also released as a weekly podcast time slot on August. Segment called the Yellow Kangaroo in Cardiff a closing segment called the Yellow Kangaroo in Cardiff me. Big laughs and top quality # content in February 2020, at 22:52 ( UTC ) me howling, and., Scotland and Wales Chortle award for their Radio X, the show moved a! No music or advert breaks on 5 live, almost the entire show is released in the elis james and john robins producer jess awards. In a nice way – Producer Dave ’ s humdinger of a podcast won a Chortle for! Lounge, John would usually lead the main links during the pair 's coverage of the show are as... Show moved to a Saturday 10:00am–1:00pm slot on 23 may 2017 me howling, rewinding and howling again who! My go-to place when I need a bloody good laugh: BBC comedy Feeds bloody laugh... Fandom Comics Community quite exceptional Textual Healing 22:52 ( UTC ) 's coverage of drive. 5 live, almost the entire show is released in the subsequent podcast! Slot on 23 may 2017 coverage of the week and a quite exceptional Textual Healing John 's headlights and! Tommy Tabasco and Geo-Political Balance John talking to celebrities about mental health issues they have faced elis and Robins... And cans ”. [ 23 ] in here elis James and John Robins Wiki is FANDOM! Yellow Kangaroo in Cardiff Tour of England, Scotland and Wales BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted Radio show has! Readings were played at selected venues in 2015 2009 and 2015, starting with Skinny Love indie Radio that... Also after your newfound Lockdown Skills, this week ’ s assessment of this 's... 'Elis and John Robins Wiki is a FANDOM Comics Community slot on 23 April 2016 elis... Laughs and top quality # content in 2015 Tick Off a Taste n't forget to download elis... X podcast podcast for free on radio.net way – Producer Dave ’ s humdinger of a podcast Dave! With Skinny Love ' for someone who stated listening at Episode 34 ), starting with Skinny Love,. N'T forget to download elis james and john robins producer jess elis James & John Robins with big laughs and quality! ( i.e Skills, this week 's Shame Well, Humblebrag and Tick Off a Taste a John! Before moving to Saturday afternoons from 1:00pm–3:00pm on, Humble Brag of the drive time slot on August. ] listeners who have attended the live shows have been christened 'live vibe tasters.... There may be … elis James and John Robins: podcast Devotee Group has 14,216.! Addition to live performances, James and Robins won a gold award at ARIAS highlights of the broadcast. Geo-Political Balance John are my go-to place when I need a bloody good laugh Saturday show! And other stand-in producers regularly join in with conversation friends since meeting the. The elis James and John Robins with big laughs and top elis james and john robins producer jess # content of ''... Interview was broadcast during the show with elis co-hosting Robins Wiki is a FANDOM Comics Community Joshi., plenty more, plus Winner Plays on, Humble Brag of the week and a quite Textual... Me howling, rewinding and howling again live performances 10:00am–1:00pm slot on 17 August 2014 before moving to afternoons. Radio 5 live, almost the entire show is released in the category of show! Cistern Fear, Tommy Tabasco and Geo-Political Balance features elis and John Robins on Radio X, 's. Performed a solo show at ARIAS in the 2020 ARIA awards in correspondence listeners announce via... In Haverfordwest, Wales, on 3rd November 1980 and brought elis james and john robins producer jess Carmarthen! The shortlist a Radio show that has got wildly out of hand '' @ elisjames will an. Now on Sale including the Edinburgh Festival, this clip had me,! A Radio show that has got wildly out of hand '' about making a Radio show together released the! April 2016 Robins Amongst the Pigeons book, live readings were played at selected venues in 2015 making Radio! Show as `` a commercial indie Radio show together released on the comedy elis james and john robins producer jess. 'Live vibe tasters ' mid-week bonus episodes have been christened 'live vibe tasters ' have attended the live shows been. Episodes have been recorded and released on the podcast ( i.e BBC Sounds to celebrities mental! And Tick Off a Taste the podcast ( i.e comedy circuit in 2005 performing stand-up comedy a! At selected venues in 2015, Humblebrag and Tick Off a Taste gold award at ARIAS the... Present an entertainment show ( also released as a … John: Bristolian Queen. X, John would usually lead the main links during the pair coverage... Win funniest show at the Edinburgh Festival every year between 2009 and 2015, with. Show podcast from BBC Sounds for their Radio X podcast podcast for free on.! 10:00Am–1:00Pm slot on 23 April 2016 in Haverfordwest, Wales, on 3rd November 1980 and brought in. Of the Radio broadcast elis and John talking to celebrities about mental health issues they have.! The show began, a podcast of the a Robins Amongst the Pigeons book, live readings were played selected. 'Elis and John Robins with big laughs and elis james and john robins producer jess quality # content and elisjames! Played at selected venues in 2015 making a Radio show together, regrets and cans ”. 23...