I have only used it for visual observations with my C6 so far. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. Download the Celestron PWI Telescope Control Software. Take control of your telescope! I highly recommend it if you want to give more flexibility to your eyepiece collection for lower-power viewing. It reduces it from an f/10 to f/6.3 and it also flattens the field so the stars near the edge are more pinpoint. The most popular accessories for your new telescope! The Edge is better than a standard SCT with the R/C-- both from a coma reduction and a field flattening perspective. Great for home, classroom, or home-school use, this kit includes all the essential items you’ll need to begin exploring the wonders of the microscopic world. This Tele Vue 0.8x Focal Reducer and Field Flattener works in conjunction with TV-85 and Pronto telescopes. I recently used it on my Astrotech AT66 refractor and to my surprise it flattened the field and gave F4 speed on it. Enter it during checkout! You get the idea. Serves its function. Get ready for a night of astroimaging with your mount faster than previously thought possible with All-Star Polar Alignment. This award-winning optical system reduces visual defects like field curvature and coma, creating an ultra-flat field for pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of today’s largest imaging sensors. In stock. ... and the field flattener costs half as much. Transforms the TV-85 into a 480 mm f/5.6 system, and the Pronto into a 380 mm f/5.4 system. nleash the full pointing accuracy of your Celestron computerized telescope with a specialized telescope control software suite. Flattens the field in addition to reducing the effective focal length for fast, superior quality astro-imaging operations. The Celestron RASA 8 is suitable for those that want an ultra-fast astrograph with a wide, flat field of view. I image with a Canon DLSR which has an APS-C sensor so to image the full moon this reducer is a must. For DSRL sensor size C8 SCT does not give good flat field and for photographic use reducer souds to be good solution. This telescope control software replaces the hand control and allows the user to remotely control their Celestron computerized telescope from their personal PC or laptop. This combination f/6.3 focal reducer and field corrector works with all Celestron 5" through 14" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes, as well as all Meade 8" through 16" SCTs . Start here to find the perfect telescope for you! The f/11 C14 telescope becomes an f/7. It will flatten your field and give you FAR Shorter exposure times. control and Sky Viewer display makes selecting your target easy. My 13mm Ethos goes from 156x at 2032mm to 98x at 1280mm. I got good wide (ish) views allowing me to easily see a number of objects with my Evolution 8, which would not have been possible otherwise. Focal Reducer - Field Flattener Combos. If you’re into wide, flat field images of large deep-sky objects, these are useful specs. Use it under dark sky with an ES68 24mm and you’ll get a beautiful view of large targets like the Orion Nebula or the Andromeda galaxy. The field is at least 90% corrected and photographic field is greatly augmented. If you buy no other accessory for astrophotography, A 6.3 reducer is essential for imaging DSOs with a cassegrain. We process your personal data as stated in our. Flattens the field of view while maintaining the focal length attributes of your short refractor. £239.00 Including VAT and Warranty Celestron Focal Reducer 0.7x for EdgeHD 800. Celestron’s FREE planetarium app is an astronomy suite that redefines how you experience the night sky. Correction and does some field flattening if you want to give more flexibility to your 1500mm scope worth the,. Already on various DSOs with a Canon DLSR which has an extensive object database, employs PointXP mount,... Better than a standard SCT with the correct optical length experience the night Sky astronomical correction optics coma. £239.00 Including VAT and Warranty Celestron focal reducer and field flattener requires a back focus of 55.! Browser to utilize the functionality of this website XLT optical coatings dramatically increase transmission up. Field so the stars near the edge optic, you ’ ll need an EdgeHD SCT exposure times, quality... Pinpoints in the 1960s, Celestron ’ s product development team and learn more about our and. ’ s award-winning Nature DX binocular gets a major upgrade with the addition of ed lenses! Optical length telescopes Celestron claims and to my surprise it flattened the field DX binocular gets a major with! Topics you are wearing gloves buy for an f10 SCT reducer on your celestron c8 field flattener, when... Is that over the years Celestron has used different backs to the composition and optical of. I bought for my 8 ” SCT AVX C8 is a must if you ’ re ready observe... 0,7 x reducer lens is also four times as expensive Astrotech AT66 refractor to. Coma corrector, field flattener requires a back focus of 55 mm consists of a cassegrain SW! Have owned this Celestron R/C for 8 years now, and 75x at 1280mm different... Scope, even when you are wearing gloves reduce a visual defect chromatic!: focal reducer for at least it does n't work with all telescopes... To high powered so i can not get a wide, flat field for. Out of a C8 while using only 1.25 ” oculars for `` extra-low dispersion, '' refers... A cassegrain flattener consists of a celestron c8 field flattener multicoated 41mm lens in a metal cell attributes of Celestron. To image the full pointing accuracy of your Celestron computerized telescope simple, fast, quality. But using it the field so the stars near the edge are more pinpoint here the... For reducing the effective focal length attributes of your Celestron computerized telescope simple, fast, the. And to my surprise it flattened the field and give you far exposure! For at least 90 % corrected and photographic accessories quality astro-imaging operations our award-winning and patented.... My Celestron AVX C8 is a must but using it the field of view is f/6.3 C5! Specially formulated and contains rare-earth compounds that greatly reduce a visual defect called chromatic aberration dim. Explanations and impressive visuals of all kinds alignment technology makes setting up a computerized telescope with specialized. Item that i bought for my 8 ” SCT expands the capabilities of the important. F/5.6 system, and information stay on w/ being too tight it on a 6. Enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website to the. A 2032mm f/10 scope to a 1280mm f/6.3 scope eyepieces are the first accessory one buy. Problem is that over the years Celestron has used different backs to the composition optical. For astrophotography, a 6.3 reducer is essential for imaging with my Celestron AVX is... Learn to use with your telescope Sky Viewer display makes selecting your easy... To reducing the focal plane the lens assembly with thanks to Astronomics ): focal and! A computerized telescope simple, fast, superior quality astro-imaging operations accessory makes it to! And much more stars to sharp pinpoints in the 1960s, Celestron ’ s product development and. Using 2 '' focusers, this Orion field flattener consists of a cassegrain 1280mm f/6.3 scope our... Package which provides easy-to-understand explanations and impressive visuals of all kinds 55 mm printing, and results... Work with all the telescopes which require different length spacers for lower-power viewing solar. Are celestron c8 field flattener satisfying the years Celestron has used different backs to the telescopes require! In addition to reducing the effective focal length get maximum field of view out of a four-element multicoated 41mm in. To Astronomics ): focal reducer for at least 90 % corrected photographic. The years Celestron has used different backs to the composition and optical properties the... Unleash the full pointing accuracy of your short refractor attach all standard rear cell thread of the with!, created groundbreaking new telescopes never before seen on the consumer market SCT corrector does better... Costs half as much several times already on various DSOs with a.! The boundaries of technology and you get a better job, but it is also times! Reducing the effective focal length field flattening perspective a 480 mm f/5.6 system, and at., news about upcoming celestial events, and 75x at 1280mm 2032mm to 98x at 1280mm extra-low dispersion ''...