Thanks Melissa!!! Costco Central is in no way affiliated nor endorsed by Costco Wholesale Inc. Is a Costco membership worth it for college students? It means you can travel to Hawaii, Canada, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the United Kingdom and shop at a local warehouse. Please keep in mind that active memberships can only be renewed within 90 days prior to the expiration date. I’m sure you will rest easy knowing that you can still … Also, love their meat! we recently figured that out ourselves and renewed our Sams membership down here. In short, yes! How much is a membership there? Also, their liquor department is the lowest price especially when they have a sale – which seems to be quite frequently. When we lived in the U.S., I was too cheap to get a membership to Sam’s Club or Costco. I’ve had similar responses I tell someone I bought a house in Mexico 10 minutes from the beach and 10 minutes from downtown and they are leery, as soon as I say I’m down the road from Costco their entire attitude changes Just another thing I won’t miss about the US. Cannot order at Costco.com with my Mexico card. Hi Paul, Made sure I had my Sam’s club card with me this past winter when we were in Playa for 2 months. A single promotional code can only be used once in Costco Membership, please check whether it has expired or been used. No, my wife used her Mexican Sam’s Club card in the U.S. with no issue at all. Especially if you live in a border town and can easily visit a Costco warehouse across the border. One thing to keep in mind is that to shop online at either sams.com.mx or costco.com.mx, you will need to have a credit card from a Mexican bank. Close. We shop sometimes in Costco here in Merida. Worked perfectly and no delivery charge. If you can, go into both and look around before you buy your membership. I Googled this but came up empty, so figured I'd ask here. In the comparison above, you may have noticed that after the U.S. prices, I included ‘(plus tax)’ but I didn’t do it after the Mexican prices. You can’t walk into a warehouse and buy one if you aren’t a member. Hope this article is useful! Coscto.com.mx does have Paypal which allows you a way around this requirement. Each Costco location carries different items and custom tailored to local taste and culture, it can be a really fun experience! Most items including tires and batteries cannot be in-store warrantied or returned outside their country of purchase. Once they get over the initial shock that we don’t only shop at tiny stores and open markets, most people ask me follow-up questions like: Can I use my U.S. Sam’s Club card in Mexico? Just tell the cashier that it is an international card and they will input a special code for you to use your card. My dad brags about the cold cuts at Costco in Cancun. We love stopping at the Costco in Leon when we go there. He and his wife moved to Mexico looking to maximize their retirement income. Archived. Thank you Paul, love your Blog! In the USA the dispenser has onions, in Mexico it’s the Jalepeno peppers. While the membership price is cheaper than in the States, I find that the prices on some items are considerably more than in the States. In fact, the memberships are roughly half the price. Costco gas pumps accept foreign membership cards, but Costco online, doesn't. You do need to show i.d. I understand that you do not get the sale prices in the US if you have a Mexico membership. I like the meat at City Club better. So if you live southern California, Arizona, New Mexico or Texas this is worth knowing. Become a Patreon member to get access to our live Q&A sessions as well as our private Facebook group where you can ask us questions. Can I use a Costco membership I got in Tijuana, Mexico in California? If you are visiting Canada and you have a US-issued membership card (and vice versa), Costco should be able to look up your membership and issue a one-day pass so you can shop. We were told the two systems are different but they are linked to recognize cards issued in either jurisdiction. share. If you ever lose your card, it can only be printed in Mexico. Now let’s move on to the second question about membership fees. To keep things nice and easy, our members likewise have the option to Auto Renew using any Visa® credit card. And YES you can use a Mexico Costco membership at ANY Costco location in the United States or Canada. So much better than Mega or Cheudrai! I just call Costco customer service, explain that my card is from Mexico and they give credit me the appropriate amount, slight hassle but well worth it. Never had an issue. We’ve been a Costco member since 1986, so feel like i know it pretty well. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. You just might like SAMs better. Posted by 3 years ago. TIA! Whenever I talk to someone back in the States and I mention that I went to Sam’s Club, they often stop me mid-sentence and respond with something like: “You have Sam’s Club in Mexico? Yes, you can use your Sam’s Club card or Costco card internationally, and that includes in Mexico. This thread is archived. Hi Paul, do we need a card for City Club? Thanks! They never asked for any proof of address. We have even purchased furniture (chairs -tables ) for our Mexican home from Costco. I traveled to Maui, Hawaii a couple of times and found out that they sell Hawaiian macadamia nuts there. The membership fees seemed excessive to me and I couldn’t imagine buying enough products in bulk to make it worth my while. Yes, you can use your Sam’s Club card or Costco card internationally, and that includes in Mexico. Paul, we just became Sam’s Club members and they gave us a gift card with $200 pesos on it. Friends drive up to Cancun for Costco and we try to ride along when they go. lol (PS-He loves their vacuum packed ribs, too! Now he wants to go to the Costco here in Cleveland, Ohio (Mayfield Hts.) The One Thing Most Folks Who Move to Mexico Say They’ll Do, But Rarely End Up Accomplishing, Mexico: Paying Our Property Taxes Early to Save 25%, Great Site to Find Doctors in Mexico, Check Reviews, Compare Prices and Schedule Appointments, This Year ‘Buen Fin’ Has Been Extended From a Long Weekend to a 12-Day Shopping Extravaganza, A Look at Getting Lab Work Done in Mexico, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), on "Even the Memberships for Sam’s and Costco Are Cheaper in Mexico", https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688069271254145/?ref=bookmarks.