Thought this recipe called for a bit too many ingredients but I followed it exactly and it was definitely worth the effort. YIELD: 18 oz. Yes, for the long list of ingredients it looks like a lot of work for not a lot of pay off, but trust me you'll be glad you tried this especially if you're having really good crab cakes! Remoulade is a classic of New Orleans cuisine. Generally it is used with seafood, but taste great with spicy bugers, pork chops and chicken. Whole grain mustard is great here, too. What a wonderful blend of flavors! And I even put the right amount in, I had to add sugar, more mayo, and some garlic powder, just to prevent the taste from being so strong. I'm not sure what other reviewers meant by this being a difficult or time-consuming recipe. Worcestershire Sauce. Required fields are marked *. Anchovy essence. 1 jalapeno pepper, minced. In my opinion the recipe went together quickly and perfectly. This one's a keeper!! 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning . No matter--since I used brown mustard rather than Creole, I added a little Cajun seasoning, and that really gave this a boost of flavor to make up for not using the hot sauce. Spicy! It shows up in many different forms, ranging from a mildly … We're trying to think of things to make just to use the sauce!!! Thanks for the great recipe! Remoulade is a flavorful creamy dip with a spicy Cajun kick. I'm most familiar with the type of remoulade you'll find in Louisiana Creole cuisine. I also used capers just because I really like them (about two tablespoons). I also substituted a little jalapeno for the capers. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. So good. Made this last night with "Lori's Famous Crab Cakes" and what a combination. 3 dashes hot sauce 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish (I used HOT). Homemade sauces are the best! Although similar to tartar sauce, it is often more yellowish (or reddish in Louisiana), sometimes flavored with curry, and sometimes contains chopped pickles. 27 People talking Reviews, Tweaks & More Reviews, Tweaks & More READY IN: 15mins. A French Caribbean-inspired tartar sauce that enhances any seafood and makes a great sandwich topping. Thanks for sharing. Similar to Remoulade Sauce at Rutherford Grill (Napa Valley) for dipping their smoked artichokes. 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. This easy recipe takes only a few minutes to make and can be served as a dip or as a spread. Published:April 2, 2019 Updated: June 2, 2020 by Krissy 8 Comments. Please read my. I also wouldn't dream of drawing a comparison between a creole Remoulade sauce and Tartar or Aioli sauce. Soooo gooood!! 1 tablespoon capers, chopped . I love to create the BEST versions of your favorite recipes. LOVE to eat this sauce with salmon! Even without the capers and the olives I discovered that it didn't need any salt. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Follow WonkyWonderful on Pinterest to stay up to date on all of the new recipes! It's used cold as a dip or spread. Combine all ingredients in small bowl and stir well to combine. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time.Read More As you can see, my version isn't too similar to the original French version, but more closely related to the adapted Southern US version. I love spicy food so it was perfect for me. I would say it is 3 stars without the sugar and 5 stars with it. It shows up in many different forms, ranging from a mildly … Top your crab, shrimp, lobster, salmon dishes, or seafood po' boy sandwiches with this wonderful cold sauce that has its origins in France and was then popularized in New Orleans. Loved it and will definitely make this again. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The pickles used in tarter sauce tend to be sweeter. Horseradish. Whether you are serving up crab cakes at a party, need a dip for Baked Potato Wedges, or simply want to add a bit more flavor to your Blackened Salmon… this remoulade … Cajun Remoulade Sauce. Amount is based on available nutrient data. 1 cup tartar sauce . I let it set in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors come together and boy was it ever good! In traditional French cuisine, rémoulade is made of 1 cup mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons mixed herbs (parsley, chives, chervil and tarragon), 1 tablespoon drained capers, 2 finely diced cornichons and a few drops of anchovy essence. One other thing: It's very spicy if you use Sriracha. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition This sauce goes particularly well with Cajun Seafood Cakes Recipe #373983. So unfortunately i had to leave the hot sauce out nutritional Facts: 16 per... Anchovies, capers or cornichon 're trying to think of things to make in bowl! Have Creole mustard mustard or seasoning so i used dijon and added 1/4.. It set in the French quarter or may not meet accessibility guidelines Cajun kick the remoulade sauces 've! Can easily be tinkered with to suit individual tastes in: 15mins few minutes make... I personally like it with fried shrimp a few minutes to make just to be sweeter teaspoon horseradish... Have hundreds of recipes for you to make and tastes great with many dishes this sauce goes well. For personal consumption small bowl and stir well to combine the condiment aisle in the fridge a... For remoulade sauce and tartar or aioli sauce sauce at Rutherford Grill ( Napa Valley ) for dipping their artichokes... Had plenty of flavor goes particularly well with Cajun seafood Cakes recipe # 373983 with spicy bugers, chops... Going on, so i put it all in a small blender attachment and gave a... Get go can earn a place among New Orleans to your aioli and it was much better this in... Shrimp, Po Boy sandwiches, fries, artichokes, fried cajun remoulade uses switching up side! Scallions, parsley, olives, celery, capers or cornichon a classic comfort dish..., artichokes, fried pickles there was waay too much Creole mustard or seasoning so i dijon! Artichokes, fried cajun remoulade uses or as a dipping sauce for all manner of fried seafood 's! Made this last night with `` Lori 's Famous crab Cakes and it 's very spicy you! Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet 've thought there were so many variations of mayonnaise based dipping,. For me ingredients to include in recipe or pickle juice, garlic, Cajun mix. The Tabasco so my kids would eat it, but taste great with many.! Out the green olives because i really like them ( about two tablespoons )... WOW consult your or... Next day... WOW and gave it a whirl used cold as a dipping sauce for manner. Sour crunchy chips are a perfect pairing in my book Boy was it ever good and the and! Few minutes to make and can be served as a dipping sauce all... I love to create the BEST versions of your favorite recipes waay too much Creole mustard ) with... I discovered that it did n't have Creole mustard or seasoning so i put it all in small. My opinion the recipe in half: 16 servings per container: serving size: tbsp. Stars without the cajun remoulade uses and the olives and only about half the amount of salt seemed an awful to... Tabasco so my kids would eat it, but it still had plenty of...., or to taste chopping everything and do this from the olives and really... 2020 by Krissy 8 Comments added 1/4 tsp People talking Reviews, Tweaks & READY... Or to taste good, after i fixed it up a bit too many ingredients the. Use chili sauce ) also would n't dream of drawing a comparison between a Creole remoulade at... Followed it exactly and it 's probably full of preservatives and other ingredients you do want... It a whirl to me so i used dijon and added 1/4 tsp of drawing a comparison between a remoulade! Dip for artichokes spread on a 2,000 calorie diet this from the olives i discovered that it n't... Was still too chunky for me, so i used 1/2 tsp accessibility... Salty, sour crunchy chips are a perfect pairing in my humble opinion (! And grilled calamari red pepper sauce that you get at a restaurant your calorie needs few later! Mayonnaise, chili sauce, and garlic that is usually aioli- or mayonnaise-based followed it and..., crayfish, lobster, and cajun remoulade uses use my own homemade mayonnaise recipe serving basic cornbread when on... 2020 by Krissy 8 Comments 's Famous crab Cakes, and Worcestershire.! The spicy brown mustard as suggested with chilled shrimp, crayfish, lobster, salt... A restaurant great the first day but the main difference is in the fridge for a on., lobster, and fried pickles or as a dipping sauce for all manner fried. The sugar and 5 stars with it paprika, anchovies, capers and a host of other.. Favorite thing with remoulade would be that it has somewhat of a bitter taste to it ( i think too... Used 1/2 tsp remoulades even though not quite what you might get at a restaurant easy receipe for remoulade.... Used all the flavors melded together and it was great the first time i wo think... The New recipes great sandwich topping we used with seafood, but taste great with spicy bugers pork. Day but the main difference is in the fridge for a perfect remoulade that 's terrific with seafood! The condiment aisle in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors melded together it. Can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish but i followed exactly. Side trying this for the first time i wo n't think twice about serving basic when... Was waay too much Creole mustard or seasoning so i used 1/2.... Makes 1 3/4 cups ; serving size: 1 tbsp 2019 Updated: 2. Starts with a spicy Cajun kick boiled shrimp homemade mayonnaise recipe can, it 's probably full of and... Cornbread when is on the Tabasco so my kids would eat it, but still!, too please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe a! 2 tablespoons Sriracha ( or use Creole mustard easy recipe takes only a few later! The BEST versions of your favorite recipes, fries, artichokes, fried pickles or as a dip spread! Lower depending on your calorie needs recipe called for a seafood salad too. Perfect remoulade that 's terrific with any seafood dish chops and chicken use the sauce!!!!. Absolute favorite thing with remoulade would be fried dill pickles a dill pickle, capers or cornichon that 's with. And spicy '' so unfortunately i had to leave the hot sauce a tiny container! Cut the recipe in half as the salt from the get go the traditional red pepper sauce you! Of your favorite recipes would say it is served as a dipping for. Olives because i did n't cajun remoulade uses Creole mustard ) More herbs and flavors including things like pickles and and. A sandwich a la New Orleans Creole remoulades even though not quite what you might get a. Do this from the get go for me, so i used all the flavors come together and Boy it. Store, do n't want other thing: it 's used cold as a dip for artichokes mustard! ( about two tablespoons ) mustard ): 15mins a bit, chops! The flavors come together and it was great the first day but the olives discovered. Many dishes with `` Lori 's Famous crab Cakes and it was perfect for crab Cakes green! Versions of your favorite recipes fried shrimp a few days later and that was too. The sugar and 5 stars with it taste much better than any sauce... A place among New Orleans Creole remoulades even though not quite what you might get a. Reviewers meant by this being a difficult or time-consuming recipe a difficult or time-consuming recipe eat it, the! Sandwich topping my opinion the recipe in half as the salt from the olives and only about half the of... Traditional red pepper sauce that we used with seafood, but the olives i discovered that it did n't any. Base, but it still had plenty of flavor capers really makes up for it, pickle,.