Olmsted County Minnesota. It has some brown spots on its leaves. Symptoms of Plant Illness (please try NOT to diagnose your problems yourself): Wasted leaves. Brown spots on Clivia leaves #677788. We have changed the pot for this plant also because the old one was broken (it was a pot with a water tank) and the all soil were under the water and some roots had rot. Asked November 28, 2020, 9:55 PM EST. Named after a Duchess belonging to the Clive family, Clivias have long, thick, dark-green arching leaves growing out of a large plant bulb. Expert Response. I have also experimented with pots of Marigolds amongst my Clivias, Amyrillis and Crinums and it does seem to deter them. ... White spots on plant leaves. Clivias can get a fungus called "rust." Can you help me find out what is causing this? The trumpet or lily- shaped flowers are 2″-3″ in size and can be orange, orange/red, yellow, or cream colored. Capture 2-3 ladybird beetles outside and place them on your clivia...they will do the rest. These change in appearance over time and can be rubbed off at some point. Thank you! With most other plants, leaf tip dieback is usually the result of salt accumulations through over fertilising, or drought or poor drainage or some other problem affecting the root system. Plants with Spotted Leaves sandy, clay or loam) OR Potting Mix Type: And while there are many reasons for plain old brown spots, when those spots look like little brown bull’s-eyes, the answer my friends is fairly simple, organism-wise that is. Soil Type (e.g. Grey and brown and unrecognizeable . Thank you for your question regarding your clivia plant. Those plant leaf spots are caused by one of nature’s most basic organisms: a fungus. The amaryllis borer moth can completely destroy clivias. Answer: Brown wrinkly leaves most often indicate too little water at some point. These spots are spores and if left untreated can spread to other susceptible plants. A number of insects cause problems for clivia plants. The mealy bug is another problem for clivia plants. These are black and yellow caterpillars, which feeds on leaves and tunnels into the leaves, berries, stalks and bulbs of various lilies and amaryllids. All my Clivias are a mess of brown and white rotten leaves . The larvae of these bugs, which are caterpillars, tunnel down in the leaf, destroying the corm. They hide toward the base of the plant and between the leaves. Dieback of clivia leaves is an interesting question. I noticed that the leaves were turning yellow (I cut off the yellow leaf) and also there are some white deposits near the buds(?). Type of Plant (if known): Clivia . If your tree has been prolific prior to this problem, and has a good solid root structure, it will probably regenerate foliage over time once it is consistently receiving enough water. It will appear as rust-colored spots on the plant, as you describe. The fungi that attack clivia are many, and generally develop preferably when the soil in which the plant is grown is kept moist for a long time, with stagnant water. Hello, my indoor Clivia plant has brown spots on some of the leaves. If the spots are large, and also cause necrosis of the leaves, or the leaf page becomes brown and of paper-like consistency, then it is a fungal attack. Clivia flowers appear as a dense cluster of 15-20 small blooms at the end of a long stem. I have had great success using Garden Ripcord, spraying all the plants. I have done a mistake with this plant and washed it with soap one time because we have had thrips problem here.