First stand in front of him near his head...he will breathe his flame breath, then run in and poke his feet a few times. One shotted me. Ancient Dragon Information. As long as you never get below 50% stamina, and you run towards his tail, you'll always get far enough away from his fire to survive. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. The key is when he rises up to run towards tail end and you will avoid all fire damage. Not if you already have all the stuff, like most ppl in ng+, Black Witch Robe, Desert Sorceress Skirt, Monastery Long Gloves and Warlock Mask with a Flame Quartz +3, Dispelling Ring +1 and Flash Sweat gets me nearly 1000 Fire Resist on my PVP build :). That looks like helpful advice. Wait for his next move which will probably be to fly up though it could be a foot stomp. I had tons of trouble in my first playthough (literally 3-4 hours spent trying to kill him with all sorts of builds) but once I got this advice, the only times I've died were when I knew I made a mistake. In my latest run I found something new with the ancient dragon. Given how easy Ancient Dragon is, I would just go for it. A community dedicated to Dark Souls 2, game released for PC, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox 360 and One. Pharro's mask, Black Witch Set, or any other armor set that has high fire defence, Great Magic Barrier, and flame quartz ring if you want. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Best way to cheese the Ancient Dragon. At what point does DS2 become repetitive? Or strength and greatsword, swap leo for cloranthy. With melee. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. It's designed to be able to just about reach 1000 on every element because there's nothing funnier than watching a hexer react as I take a full barrage of Affinity and Dark Hail to the face for precisely fuck all damage. Beat the hell out of his leg. How do you avoid that? His delays honestly kind of throw me off, and he hits RLY hard. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. ". Baiting out his back leg stomp takes less effort. two heavy attacks. When he raises up, run toward his tail end to avoid fire. I only do what /u/Earlycrowd taught me to do to beat the AD. First you are going to want to get into the Dragon covenant, and pvp a little till you get the black dragon set (there is other sets you can use as well), which has some of the highest fire def on the game, then get the Flame Quartz ring +3 or +2 (150def/100) also you are going to need the dispelling ring (60def) and the main thing on this build is going to be the Flash sweat that adds like 300def (goal of 900+) on its own, as we all know the dragons melee attacks aren't that bad to dodge but his fire attacks are impossible, and since that armor is going to make you very squishy you are going to want to stay away from them. I would definitely recommend getting all the giant souls, and ancient dragon don't put up much of a fight. Ancient Dragon: With a high damage output weapon. leg and stand between his toes. And as that's the case, it can be done with any set of equipment or spread of stats. Dark Souls 2 felt very different mechanically at the start of the game, so getting used to it was what made him difficult. I personally tried to be cool, and went in with the set I posted earlier. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The first time was hell, the second time was easier, the rest were mainly one shots. I dont think it gets easier then this -o-, with the build i posted is impossible to make a mistake, equip some lightning and he barely ever touches you, that one sounds pretty good i think ill try it in my new playthrough. How to take item on a tree in the boss area (Scorpioness Najka)? stay on his right paw (or leg, idk im not a dragon anatomy expert), there he will rarely do any physical attacks, make sure your flash sweat is always active, every time he flies up run away for when he lands and dont worry about the fire, it will just knock you down, and do minimal damage, Ive heard of people mixing Alonne set with hexers as well but ive never tried that. Run in, go straight at him and run between legs to back legs. PSN- XInfinityKnightX Pawn: Shiro Lv200 Mage/Ranger (I'm Level 200 Now, yay! It is neutral to the player until it is attacked a couple of times. Where do i go after beating the Lost Sinner? Oh and sacred oath if you want. if you mess up he might raise his front and do a ball burn, but you just have to stand a bit outside his feet and he'll go back into the same stomping pattern. You only need to kill them 10 times. Doesn't matter. There is a chance that if you don't position yourself correctly or quick enough, he will fly up for a flame attack. Then look for either a foot stomp or him flying up. run to the side of his head and somewhat in front of his foot, he faces you and flame breaths, then run in and attack his foot. Here is what I did. I really need to try that out. ; After speaking with the dragon, the trophy/achievement "Ancient Dragon" unlocks, and you receive the Ashen Mist Heart; Encounters Ancient Dragon Information. run to his other leg between his toes and keep hitting him, rinse and repeat. That's it. Anyways, those plus flame quartz, elements and flash sweat made this fight trivial. Run to HIS rear (left?) This will put the ancient dragon in an animation lock of only stomping and it will keep him from breathing fire. Back feet big toe. The Ancient Dragon is a massive dragonthat speaks telepathically to the player. Edit for those who don't know the guy: this is what I'm taking about. ), "I died more times than I can count, so this is nothing to me" - Phoenix, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtmAux3KEms, In need of a co-op for a better...frigid outskirts and Lud & Zallen fight, This entire game looks like a f***ing toy.